Millennium

Yay, Lynn! Welcome and let the fun begin!

Definitely use the SR--this allows you to pause and think as you make your way through the panto design. I think glide is used for micro stitching to even out the SR so it isn't the best application for panto stitching. But I may be wrong...

Some good advice for your first panto practice--do two dry runs of the panto. One with the machine off. Try to build a rhythm and familiarize yourself with the design as you move. Push at a medium speed. The second run is with the needle not threaded, but SR on and machine stitching. This will give you a feel of the resistance you'll get with the needle stitching through the layers. Then thread it and give it a try. Remember the lines on the panto are merely an "advisory" and if you stray off, no one will know!

Congratulations Lynn!  Isn't it fun?  

I agree completely with Linda.  I would use the SR and not the glide, for a panto.  It takes some practice to get the hang of re-aligning after advancing the quilt.  

And remember, if the panto is directional, you are looking at it upside down when you stand at the back of the machine  :)  :)

Have fun and post pictures please.

Linda, gives good advice. Practice the panto without the thread first. If the pantograph lets you quilt across and then there's another pattern on top so you can quilt back, you might have stitch breakage on the way back.  It has to do with the needle flex.  Dawn Cavanaugh says to always stitch in the same direction.  So when you reach the end, you should stop and come back to the beginning to quilt the next row before you turn the quilt.  Do I always do it, No.

Also some pantos are directional so keep in mind how you place your quilt on the frame.

Archived