Quilt path issues when trying to repair a pattern

I was recently quilting a customer quilt and the bobbin ran out half way through a panto row. I put in a new bobbin and tried to repair the pattern within quilt path but when I tried to backtrack to the area where I left off, the machine started running in the stitch regulator mode and I couldn't turn it off with the thumb switch. I had to completely turn the machine off, rip the stitches it made before i shut it off, then return to the pattern, realign the machine to stitch from the opposite end and meet at the area where I left off. This happened three times total on one quilt when I would forget to change the bobbin and it ran out in the middle of a panto row.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any Suggestions?

Don't know if it's possible for quilt path...   but with the  Side Saddle, If I have problems, don't very often,  I would see if you can position the "design start" or "Origin"  in the same place, and stitch out about 2 inches with a bit of a long stitch.  if it's tracking the way it should pull the threads to the top with a long tail, frog the part you over stitched,  "remove the needle" and let the machine stitch to about 1" before the missing part, replace needle, double check for placement, thread and sew the balance.  The only time I've had a problem with this was when I leaned on the quilt too hard and the whole quilt is out of the line.  Try to not make the quilt too loose to do this, and don't loosen or tighten the rollers.

Lenni likes the sandwich fairly snug.. not drooping at all, so I guess that could be diff for you too.

Good Luck,  U can do it!

Rita

I dont think you need to call Grace Company anymore,

click the Help button on the top right and then there is option for software updates.

You will need Internet to download the files and later on your machine, switched on and off, system will guide you thru the process,

I did not find the firmware update button first, there is a little whole in the lower carriage you need a small screwdriver or

something similar to press the button inside.

good luck,

my Lucey behaves well since the update !

Lisa

Before just upgrading your system, it is important to know what year your longarm is.  If you have an older longarm, it might be better to wait to upgrade.    For instance, I am not upgrading to the new version until the board update is ready for my 2008 Millie.   

That being said, you have another option for re-alignment.  I will trace the design over the stitching that was completed to make sure my alignment is good once it is I will unthread the needle and let it stitch a couple stitches and then hit stop.  This will then let me repair pattern.  I click on repair pattern, release the carriage, rethread the needle and then move to couple stitches before where it ending and tap on closest stitch.  I can then pull my thread and start where i ended.  

Andrew,

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I'm currently in Boise helping a new dealer with an open house and haven't had much time to pop on the forum or check emails as often as I'd like. I would like you to contact the Grace Company directly at 800-264-0644 on Monday so that one of their technicians can help you with the upgrade to the latest version.

Just to clarify for the rest of our Quilt Path family, APQS is still working to update our very early owners with a specific circuit board in their systems before they can upgrade to the latest software version. This is why you won't find a downloadable update version yet through your tablet's internet connection to the Grace Company. If those early owners (before the end of May last year) would happen to update their computers before we can get a new board to them, then the software would not work properly. We are contacting each owner whose system may be affected individually about that circuit board update. It takes a little while to build a board for each person's unique system set up (e.g. machine type, connection ports, etc.) Once we get everyone up to speed with that replacement module, we'll be able to notify everyone as to when the first general update will be available. Thanks for your patience! Of course, if you have any questions, let me know! Email would be the best way to reach me until mid-next week since I can answer them after hours when the open house and classes are done. Thanks again!

Archived