help with quilt path....no sew

bonbon

Hi Bonnie,

hope you have gotten an answer to your problem by now...I see you first posted this a couple days ago, and have not had many replies.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Quilt Path, sometimes it works wonderfully, other times not.  I have experienced all sorts of issues with Quilt Path, and your problem sounds very familiar.  Occasionally my whole machine will just freeze up.  Needle up/down wouldn't work at all, in fact I couldn't even move the sewing head, it was locked in place.  So I would have to shut everything down and reboot, then re-set safe area and so on.  This would happen when I would use the pull bobbin feature.... I found out through an act of desperation and frustration (tried tapping every button on the screen!) that if I touched the "trace" button, it would magically "unfreeze" everything, and start to trace...I could then tap "stop" and start over to pull bobbin thread again.  I actually quit using "pull bobbin" and now just use "move to start" and then pull my bobbin thread manually.  

Another thing it would do (so aggravating).... after it was done stitching out a pattern, the screen comes up that says "sewing complete", then I tap on "back to pattern placement" and begin to move the machine away to the next block. It would take one stitch and stop with the needle down while I was still moving the machine.  Very nearly tore the quilt top several times.  :angry:  I have learned to move the machine very slowly after it thinks it's done sewing.  I have the same issues with the screen freezing and going grey that others have mentioned as well.  Sometimes I get a message on the screen that says something like "needle did not raise, retry or raise needle manually" when in fact the needle was up...don't remember the exact words. 

Searching the forum once again for solutions, and I see that there have been several who have suggested that removing the USB hub and plugging directly into the tablet seems to resolve some issues, so I am going to try that on the next quilt.  You might want to try that too...if you haven't already.  I haven't upgraded to the most recent software version... on the fence about that for now, as I see others have experienced problems after upgrading.  My tablet is dedicated for QP, I don't use it for surfing, or downloading digital quilt patterns, or even for email.  

Hope you have success with yours

Sharon thank you for sharing this with me. I'm just starting out and as you must feel, I hope this large investment wasn't a mistake. Yikes! I had every hope this would make my quilting life easier, not more stressfulr or aggravating. Leaves a knot in my stomach thinking about it. I'll let you know what I find out.

I wondered in the beginning if I screwed up getting QP. But I don't feel that way anymore. I think it and I have tome to an understanding. I love it for pantos, and have started using it for custom quilts. I do a combination of computer and freehand. QP I think is a work in progress. I have found a way around all my issues. Just waiting on a couple features that they are working on. I haven't upgraded my program, since I'm running it on an older machine, and probably am one of those that need the new circuit board to get it all running.

Shirley

Thanks Shirley for the vote of confidence. I remember feeling the same way when I bought my millie brand new and it had issues. As you said with you and QP, I worked through them and love my machine. Mine is older 2004. Since I'm so new at QP what do you mean about a new circuit board to upgrade the program? What version do you have?

I have an 02 machine and I'm still running the .03 version of quilt path. Haven't had the time to find out if I need to update. What I have I have figured out for now, so until they get some more features I need to use, that are in the works, I'm not going to worry about it if I'm not having problems. I'm from the school if it ain't broke don't fix it. I think the new board is for some of the features the updates have. But each year and model of machine has it's own needs. Ir at least that is what I think I read. Give Dawn a call and she will get you taken care of.

Dawn fixed me right up, when I had problems.

Shirley

We have been questioning our purchase of QP as well; but I will say that every time, which has been a lot, that I call the folks there are helpful and fix whatever is wrong; unfortunately things seem to go wrong on weekends mostly when they are not available; which means downtime. I just keep having things occur one after the other; its a hard learning experience, but in the end I am hoping that it will mean that we have a great product and we will surely know it inside and out LOL; but there are times when I just want to scream. I plan to take classes to develop my freehand skills; just in case. Merrie

So today I thought I'd try again. But when I went into design and create panto section. I set the safe area then a message

pops up that says I need to set the safe area. Hmmmm thought I'd just done that. Retry, same message.

I need help. Cant even get past the first step!!!

Duh! I knew that. Silly me.

ok so...Brian at APQS suggested I make sure the red cat 5 cable is securely plugged in on both ends to see if the machine would sew in QP. Still no luck. :(

Dawn I'd love to talk with you to get this up and running. The bummer is I work all day away from my studio and machine. When I get home it is 5:00 in your time zone. I'm in the Pacific NW. Any suggestions?? Please

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO DAWN!!!!!! Best customer service! She spent close to 2 hours on the phone with me. Wayyyyy after hours for her. She helped me figure out why my QP would not sew. With my older millennium the back right handle was not plugged into the encoder box. Once that was solved she walked me though a panto lesson and got me started on my first attempt at using QP on an actual quilt top.

THANK YOU DAWN!!! :)

HAPPY CAMPER HERE

Archived