it's been a long time!

Hi everyone!  I haven't been on for quite some time.  I am trying to get my house organized......yuck!  I have decided to sell one of my sewing machines ....the Janome 6600P and all the special feet I bought for it.  I checked ebay and there is one that is up to $890  and still has 2 days to go. There is also one just listed at $949 with 9 days to go.  I had the machine serviced a year ago and have used it about 2 hours since. It is my all time favorite machine....the accu feed foot is so nice for piecing and binding.  I had to decide between it and my Viking Topaz.  Since the Viking does embroidery I decided to keep it. I wanted to post it on here before I list it on ebay.  I want $800 plus shipping.  If anyone is interested just let me know.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome back.  The only thing I have worked on since Elmer died is the beach quilt swap.  I still have not put it together. Life has been difficult the past couple of years. I just returned from 8 days in the Florida sunshine...staring at a lake, and it helped clear my mind some. I thought of my friend Dell while I was there... so lucky to have such wonderful weather!  We are expecting 1/2 inch of ice tomorrow and then LOTS of snow on top of it. I am ready to catch the next plane south!

I have stayed so confused and overwhelmed, but maybe I am starting to deal with it better.  I kept waiting for the pain to get better but finally realized it may never get any better.  Elmer was the world to me so instead of waiting for it to quit hurting so much I have decided I have to find a way to live with it for now.  My trip to Florida was a test. I booked a flight from an airport 2 hours from me....I found the long term parking to leave my car.... heaved my carry on into the overhead bin and flew south. I will admit that I screwed up my reservations ...... I was flying out of KY on a Wed evening and flying BACK the following morning instead of 8 days later! LOL  By the time I realized it I could no longer make changes so I just lost the money for the return flight and bought another ticket home a week later.  Other than that one glitch I managed just fine. It was easier when Elmer took care of everything but I found out I can do it.

When I get off here I am going to check about reservations in Paducah......anyone else going?  Barb and I are planning on it.

I have someone thinking about the Janome but I am starting to hope it doesn't sell...LOL  (I told you I stay confused).   

Cheri, so good to see you here.  That is a wonderful machine that you have..I guess that it comes down to, great piecing or being able to do embroidery.  I know it is hard to give up either.

Seeing your hesitation, maybe now is not the time to give up either machine.  Hope you soon will be ready to use both.

Hi, Cheri

If you do decide to sell, and your first offer does not go through, I would like to buy it for my daughter in law. I have been looking for one for her for awhile and it is time to buy one as hers died yesterday, in the middle of her project.

You can email me at bluecedarz@gmail.com

Take it one day at a time, that's all we can do.

Kathy

Cheri, so glad you are back, and that the trip helped.. sometimes that's what we need, solitude, away from everything.

As for The pain Elmers death caused you, it will never get better.. it does get Easier.. and it sounds like yours is starting

that road.

Sorry you feel you have to sell your beloved machine.  Why not keep it and sell one of the others?  Best of both worlds..

sewing and embroidery.

Rita

Hi
Cheri

I too am happy to see you on the forum again.  I still read your posts when I see them and have been following your journey.  I am happy to see you moving back into some of the areas you left and hope you are able to find some comfort there.  Love and Prayers  Jeanne.  Sorry I am not in the market for yet another sewing machine. 

Cheri, 

So glad to see you here. I have missed you and wondered how you were. 

The next time you travel it will be easier but Dell is right. Don't forget to let us all know. Many of us near enough

would love to give you a hug in person and if even that sounds daunting at first,  it won't once you receive that hug!

((((((hugs)))))

Anne

I am not too familiar with Florida but I stayed in Leesburg ...at a house on Lake Griffin.  i have a close friend that spends her winters there.  I don't know if that is close to anyone but if it is I will be going back for 2 weeks next year and would LOVE to get some hugs!  Most days I did absolutely nothing except stare at the lake and think but we went to Ocala one day and a few other places. The sun and the water was good for my soul. 

Hi Cheri,

I spend time in FL, too.

Make sure to let us know when you're down this way.

It would be so fun to meet up....there are a bazillion quilt shows all winter!

If we planned right, we could gather at a show and have a meal together.

Archived