An after market LED system with clear and ultraviolet lighting.  Designed for your older model APQS machines that have fluorescent bulbs.

Easy to install and increases your viewing space while giving you the ease of great lighting for your work space.  

Please visit our site at http://www.mcautomationinc.com/led2

If you have any questions feel free to shoot us an email.  

Happy Quilting!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shirley, yes to answer your question it does plug into the white connector (4 pin connector on the left side of head) that your current florescent tube light does now and will turn on and off with your machine power.  But, you also have a switch on the LED lighting system board that allows you to have the white, Ultraviolet (black light), or completely off (center position).  

Thanks,

Mike 

RnS Designs has the little and the Long add-on led lights, or stand-alone that can be used anywhere,

under cupboard for counter,  by a phone, and I am also under the impression can be used as a

night light.

Rita

The LED2 was designed specifically for the APQS machines.  It provides over 40 white LEDs and 18 ultraviolet LEDs in a concentrated area directly under the head, either available by toggling the switch.  The in-line power supply plugs into the existing fluorescent connector so running an extension cord to a power supply plug, on a moving machine, isn't required.  

Add on LED strips is another good option.  Typically they require a splitter for each strip added at the power supply connection, so be sure to get those if you choose this direction.  These also do not plug into the existing fluorescent connector but must be run off the moving head to an extension cord (or a Laser receptacle on later models if you have it).  This is certainly another option but depends what your looking for.

Mike  

Mike,

this is an interesting solution.  I like that you can switch to black light like you can on the newer machines.  How does the brightness compare to the brightness of the flourescent on the machine now.  I need good lighting but I HATE that florescent bar in my way.  It always obstructs my view and I'd love to get rid of it. 

Thanks Heidi it was received, current shipping is running 3 weeks but I'm working on reducing that currently.  You will love the improved view and lighting.

Hi Cathy the light system does not interfere with the Micro-drive handle/bracket.  The light system slides in behind it, just under the head portion only. 

Thanks,

Mike

I do have a question

The In-line 12vdc power, if purchased.  Does the battery in there ever need to be recharged? Or, what is the life expectancy if going that route?

I'm asking, because electrical is NOT my thing. LOL!!

Never mind. after re-reading, I answered my own question. The 2nd plug in to where the old fluorescent was. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived