Vickie's Winning Quilts

Hey Everyone, 

Vickie Oliver, aka Beachside Quilter, asked me to share some photos we took this weekend at the Naples Quilters Guild quilt show, here in Florida. 

We had a great day at the show.  She won 2 blue ribbons and one red ribbon.  If I have that wrong I'm sure she'll correct me. lol  The first picture is of us standing with her Family Tree Challenge quilt.  She won a first for this one.  It's a Totem Pole Quilt.  The second photo is a close up of her Modern Quilt and the third photo is of her Challenge quilt from the SWFQG.  She did an outstanding job on all three of these quilts.  I feel honored to have her as my mentor and friend.  

Hugs, Debbie

12887887513_15e8639176_n.jpg
IMG_0480 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

12887789895_33bce6ba5d_n.jpg
IMG_0460 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

12888216614_01ece3730b_n.jpg
IMG_0445 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

FINALLY PICTURES!!! Thanks Debbie for sharing. I've been waiting to see two of them.

So very prod of you Vicki!!!!!!  All three are awesome!!!!!!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I see the Sue Hienz quilting you told me about! It's perfect!!!!

Congrats Debbie.  I Love the modern quilting you did, but that challenge quilt........OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE what I can see of it!

Thanks, Sheri!  The bottom picture is my challenge piece.  The "challenge" was to make a cherry basket block using a 1890's pattern which used 27 teeny triangles in the basket.  I used a class piece done in Irena Bluhm's coloring class as my center and added four paper pieced baskets in the corners.  Of course, I had to teach myself paper piecing to accomplish it. The triangles are smaller than a dime.  I hand colored the center and then trapuntoed it and added embellishments.  First time paper piecing, coloring, trapunto and embellishing.  I should have named it "Class Piece" :lol: .  Oh, best of all, it was all made from materials in my "stash".

Archived