How do you anchor circle lord long boards

cherylannie

Cheryl, I used double sided carpet tape to tape the rubber shelf liner to most of my Circlelord long boards, then taped the ends to the table as extra precaution with blue painters tape to prevent them from moving. Did not put the shelfliner on the zig zag templates because they are constantly shifted when being used and I wanted them to slide easily, however I still taped them down while stitching.

I do like Oma and Vickie, but I use yardsticks as my pieces of wood, maybe I quilt with too much gusto but I find that they move unless they are taped down, even with the rubber shelf liner….but the painter's tape won't leave any residue, I use it a lot.

I was glad to see this topic as my CL boards are due to come this week.  I bought Carmen's Swirlz board and then orderd two more and the front stylus system from Michael.  He almost makes it too easy with the payment plan.  (I must say I agree with all of you he is  great to work with and made suggestions for my order.)  These are my first long boards so very excited to try them out.  

Yes, Peggy, Michael and Kay have been a pleasure to do business with and they are always very helpful!

Like Vicki and Vickie, I taped a 4 foot metal ruler on to my table and it stayed on permanently.  This provided a firm edge to butt the Circle Lord boards against to always assure they were straight as well as helped keep them from moving.

I was glad to see this topic as my CL boards are due to come this week.  I bought Carmen's Swirlz board and then orderd two more and the front stylus system from Michael.  He almost makes it too easy with the payment plan.  (I must say I agree with all of you he is  great to work with and made suggestions for my order.)  These are my first long boards so very excited to try them out.  

You will LOVE the long boards, Peggy!  Swirlz is one of my favorites; it has paid for itself many, many times over and looks great on any quilt!  Michael and Kay are the best and are always willing to help out whether you buy from them or used.

Archived