Northwind - finish for National Quilting Day

My sister pieced this quilt for her friend Ann's birthday, which is April 3.  I attached the binding to the front, and hope she has it tacked to the back by Thursday, so I can take it to guild for show and tell.  Hobb's Wool batting, Glide thread in Khaki, cream Magna-Glide bobbins (although I forgot to take a pic of the back).  Anne Bright's Gala Vine in the big on-point blocks, Chloe's Feather in the small triangles and inner border.  

post-52089-0-65102300-1394934348_thumb.jpg

post-52089-0-37517000-1394934368_thumb.jpg

post-52089-0-23005100-1394934388_thumb.jpg

Thanks, all.  Peggy - yes, these are computerized designs.  The main design in the on-point blocks is Gala Vine by Anne Bright.  I did the CC and the little Chloe leaf vines in the HSTs using Line Pattern with IQ.  The inner borders are a border element of the same Chloe pattern - I think from Legacy Quilting.  Big spineless feathers in the outer border are also computerized.  Fairly easy to use IQ's distort and magnet features to make the feather points line up exactly on the seam line.  I absolutely love my IQ.

You know, the wonderful thing about IQ is, that quilt probably looks just as it would have if I did it prior to IQ, but I would have spent days marking with a stencil and markers before quilting it.  Now IQ can do them for me.  Not that it takes no time to line things up, make them fit the blocks, etc.  I really do love IQ - it saves my body from all sorts of tortures.

Archived