How do I paste text into a reply or PM?

Sometimes when I write a reply or PM I want to paste text into it and cannot find a way to do it.  I see the icons for 'Paste', 'Paste as Plain Text', and 'Paste from Word', but nothing that I have done will allow me to paste, and it is getting frustrating.  :huh:    What do I have to do differently?  Thanks for your help!

Sometimes when I write a reply or PM I want to paste text into it and cannot find a way to do it.  I see the icons for 'Paste', 'Paste as Plain Text', and 'Paste from Word', but nothing that I have done will allow me to paste, and it is getting frustrating.  :huh:    What do I have to do differently?  Thanks for your help!

Carmen

If you mean like this, go to the post you want to copy from and click quote in that post and that post will show up in your reply to topic window and then you can edit out anything you don't want.  I haven't tried but I suspect multiquote would let you quote from more than one post.  The other way is to highlight the text you want to copy and right click copy and then use right click past to insert in your reply or PM.  It shows like this  What do I have to do differently?

Nigel

Carmen, you are not the only one who has this problem... I used to be able to copy/paste from outside the forum, but for months now I cannot....no matter what I do.  Have tried everything you mentioned with the copy/paste icons, too.  Are there some settings we don't know about??  Hope someone can help!

Mary, tried all of the past icons.  I do not have Word so that is not an option for me.  I used the 'More Reply Options' button and tried to paste in the window that it opened, but it still would not work.

Sharon, I used to be able to paste but the function has not worked for me for months and I believe I have seen others post that they could not paste some info they had intended to post. 

Someone, H-E-L-P  :wacko:

When that happens to me I have to go to the icon in the left corner above the "Bold" icon and click on it then I can paste a URL or other things I can't do when it is on regular.  I think it changes it to Full Editor or something.  The writing will look different.  Try that and see if it works for you.

Archived