King Tut Threads

James32202

I have read several of the posts on this subject from other members. I have the same problem and found that the King Tut verragated threads have a thickness issue between the light and dark sections. I myself have a 24 inch

Fusion and do all my own maintenance, so i know it isnt my machine. I finally started taking a closer look at the thread with a magnifying glass and found this interesting. So for you folks who think it is your machine i dont think that is

the problem. I have have contacted Superior threads with my findings, so see what they come up with for an answer.

It's known that cotton variegated thread is weakest where the darkest color falls. This is a consequence of the dye saturation. It's anecdotal info shared by those with thread-breakage problems who figured out it was always breaking at the darkest sections. I imagine Superior knows all about it--their research into dyes and thread structure is extensive. They have tips and hints for using all their thread types in most machines. I think those of use who've given up on King Tut could get it to work with lots of fussing and babysitting. I just don't have the time or inclination to add this to my work load.

Please let us know what Superior has to say. I'll bet they'll send you their "thread usage" guide as an answer. ;)

I have a horrible time with King Tut also but love the variety of variegated colours they have.  What I have found works best is to loosen my bobbin quite a bit and tighten up the top.  It doesn't solve the problem completely but does make the quilting look a little better.

Lib

Archived