CattyWampus

changing from Quilt Path to IQ?

You can change, but it is a complete changeout of computer components and drive components.  They are 2 totally different systems and no parts are interchangeable.  Where are you located?  I am setting up for a show today and the show is tomorrow and Sat.  I will have an IQ on the MIllie for demonstration.  The show is in Slidell, LA.  If you are anywhere near there, it would be great to talk with you and show you the IQ.  Or you can email me with any other questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

The IQ motors will run on the same carriage style as you have now, the Y motor (front to back) runs on the top of the carriage,  I would think that the pulleys and belt would not interfere, you could probably just remove those.  A picture would be helpful, so I know for sure. 

Patty Butcher
Katydids Quilting Studio ~ APQS FL Store
IntelliQuilter Dealer
EdgeRider Wheels Dealer
Brooksville, FL (Central FL)
352-397-4959, 850-502-0272 Cell
http://www.katydids.net
patty@katydids.net
New Generation Millennium W/IQ; 2015 Lucey with Quilt Path: George

I am truly loving my Quilt Path.  I am sorry some of the people who got it early on had some problems.  But I thank you for paving the way and making things better for the more recent purchasers like myself.  I am having so much fun learning and using it.

Georgene Huggett
APQS Sales, Service, Education
Poquoson, Virginia
http://www.GeorgeneQuilts.com
APQS Millennium with Quilt Path

Georgene,  I am so glad you are loving your QP.  I too am curious about changing out QP for IQ.  My QP is fairly new as i just got it about november 2013. I don't what kinks that they may have worked out of the system but I myself still have quite a few issues i am still working through. I think i have a lemon.  I have read hundreds of posts on this forum and although there are lots with issues like me there are a lot of people like yourself that loves their QP. Unfortunately  I have not had a totally trouble free quilt session to date. 

Happy Quilting 

Terry

Terry Forlin

Terry, the main thing in life is to be healthy and happy. If your current situation is interfering with that then a change is probably in order.

I debated with myself over QP vs. IQ. I knew IQ was much more sophisticated than QP. But I've always enjoyed being in on the ground floor of things. And I figured that QP could do most of what I needed it to do initially and that I could grow with it.

I wish you happy quilting days ahead.

Georgene Huggett
APQS Sales, Service, Education
Poquoson, Virginia
http://www.GeorgeneQuilts.com
APQS Millennium with Quilt Path

Terry, you have had your Quilt Path only a few months and it is still under warranty.  Call the Grace Company and APQS to help you work through the problems.  You might need a software or firmware update or a new board, but I think they will help you work it out and replace any portion of it that is found to be defective.  Good luck.

EF895DFA46EABF5DCB57E11F31E1DE91.png

Carmen in the Ozarks

I have had so many problems with QP and I just got it in Nov. I have been updated to 3.05.05; but still goofy stuff happens. I am on the phone to Utah a lt, and they fix it and they are really helpful, but it seems to be buggy all the time. I too thought it would be great to get in on the ground floor and have given the system the benefit of the doubt. >But when you are trying to build a business its hard to justify all the delays to a customer. The other problem I have with this is there is no real training. I have watched ALL the videos that are available; I have looked at everything on the QP stick too. But nothing is better than having someone there to guide you especially in the beginning. I have experience with machine embroidery and software which is somewhat similar, but it would be nice to have someone to see if I am ding something wrong or ??? My dealer is an awesome person and I like her; but she does not have QP and does not even use the IQ that she does have, she does all freehand custom work. I have had to figure it out as I go, I wish I had done the research better before buying QP, as I somehow missed that it was made by Grace ; I have not had a good experience with my previous purchase from them of my frame and stitch regulator they made. That was an expensive failure for me. I love my Millie; just not in love with this QP right now. I also think the IQ has the ability to do more at this point and by now they more than likely have all the bugs worked out. If it works for you that is great, but I'm still struggling to get it right. I live in Michigan in the Thumb; I am hoping to go down to that studio in Kentucky and take some classes this summer on the computer if she offers them, as well as freehand quilting because I can't really count on this computer, if I don't pull out the rest of my hair by then.   I know I bought the right machine; APQS has gone the extra mile for me on this and they are the best company ever. Just hoping for better days

Thank you for replying Carmen ,  I think you are correct and i will just have to stay home from work and call APQS or Grace or both.

Terry Forlin

Terry Forlin

Terry,

If there is something I can help with, just call my cell. I'm fine working with you "after hours" if necessary: 515-205-2504. We'll figure things out and get you back in business.

Same with you, Merrie!

DA6F15FEDD9F8F152708CED82003B151.png

APQS Customer Service & Education Director

1-800-426-7233

dawn@apqs.com

Thank you Dawn.  I will call you tomorrow if you are available.  I have a few things to ask you.  I will need to write them down so i don't forget. Good night.

Terry

Terry Forlin

Hi again,  sorry i haven't had a chance to call, or visit too much at all.  Just letting you know that i  haven't forgotten.  I will  these calls made either tomorrow or monday.  (if i don't have any more rush jobs at work). I sure hope the fix will be simple. 

Thanks again everyone for your help and ideas.

Terry Forlin

Hi everyone,  

I have been very busy quilting up a few long overdue things. I seemed to have  worked out a few kinks in my Quilt Path.  I am now convinced that a lot of the issues i was having was because of a faulty USB Hub.  Here on the forum another lady was experiencing almost identical issues as i was.  She decided to take the hub off and plug the tablet directly to the head of the machine.  So far no serious problems have come back to haunt me.  I am still having a few little things happening but nothing i have not been to fix or workaround.  I hope things will just keep getting better.  Again i thank you all for your help and comments.

Terry Forlin