Space for a Lucey with a 12 ft table

Hello,

I am deciding which machine to get and which table size. I'm leaning toward a Lucey with a 12 ft table. I have a space that is 14 ft by 8 ft with my cutting table open but with the cutting table closed I have a 14 ft by 10 ft space and if I wheeled my cutting table completely out of the way into a closet I would have a 14 ft by 11 ft space.

Technically I could reorient everything in the room and have a different set up but this would be the best so that the machine is far away from where my little kids would go.

Would this space be enough room for a Lucey on a 12 ft table?

Thanks,

Yael

I have my Lucey set up in the basement in a 10 1/2 by 16 foot room....actually I have only about 14 feet as part of my end wall has an old oil tank in it....I did have a cutting table but moved that out of the room....so you can do it....if you are getting an auto advance you need to add some inches to the length....you can put one end almost up against the wall....so have one end to walk around....I do have a few very narrow tables in the room for the bobbin winder and small tools....so think about where you will keep threads, oil, etc.....my main sewing area is upstairs so I only do quilting down there....I found my little tables at thrift shops  :)...they work great although one is pretty ugly will bright orange flower contact paper on it...but the price was right and it is totally functional for me.....I did have some fears about moving the rails and table into the room because of the 12 foot length but ended up having no problems with that although I had thought if I did, I could have passed them through the basement window into the room....  Enjoy.....I think the table itself is about 4 1/2 or 5 feet wide...so my 10 1/2 feet gives me 2-3 feet on either side for either working from the front or doing pantos on the back.....lin

I think a 12 ft table is a good size to get, I have a 14 ft table and had a hard time finding a room to fit it without being so cramped and I have had several very large quilts that I was glad I had it for but truthfully, you can fit most quilts on a 12 ft table and when they are so giant to need a 14 ft table, they aren't' that much fun to do….

• 2 weeks later...

Archived