Quilt Path vs Intelliquilter

So I'm narrowing down what longarm I would like and I'm getting closer to the Millennium over other options out there. Now I'm trying to figure out if I buy a robotic from the beginning or if I wait for a while. My husband is leaning toward getting it from the beginning, I'm leaning toward waiting a few months. 

It partially depends on what computer system I go with. I've looked at these boards and saw that a lot of people like the Intelliquilter over the Quilt Path but those posts seemed to be a from 18 months ago and I was wondering if people had more opinions now that the Quilt Path has been on the market longer. 

Any opinions for or against either of these systems will be great.

Thanks, 

Yael 

Absolute no-brainer. Quilt Path is OK but Intelli quilter far surpasses it. I've had mine for a year and wouldn't change for anything. Support and upgrades are incredible. Most of the time you talk direct to Zoltan. They also love ideas for future upgrades from the customers.

Regarding buying now or waiting - here is my experience ...

I purchased my Millie first and had it for a couple of months and then bought my CompuQuilter - the reason the CQ came later was that I had to wait for it to be finalized in R&D for the Millie. I was the first retail customer to have the CQ on a Millie (or any APQS machine!). I barely learned how to use my Millie before I got the computer and I have never really learned to do free-motion quilting that looks decent. I am 100% dependent on my CQ. I love the robotics and know that for my situation - I have a bad back - that I really do need to depend on the computer, but I think that if I had waited longer I would have learned to handle my Millie better and I would be able to do some free-motion quilting.  Long arm quilting for me did not come naturally and I knew I would have to have a computer to make it work but there are times that I really do wish I could combine free-motion with using the computer. 

I have no experience with either the Quilt Path or IntelliQuilter so I can't help you make the decision as to which system would be best for you.

I purchased my first longarm in 1999 without a stitch regulator. I was forced to learn how to do everything manually. I put my Intelliquilter on in 2010. I love my IQ, but I'm really glad I did it the way I did. There are a lot of longarmers in my area, but most of them have no ability to quilt without a computer. If my IQ goes down for any reason, I can continue quilting freehand.

I chose to go with the IQ, which I purchased last June. I love it. I find the software very intuitive. Setting up a panto takes no more than a couple of minutes. The options for custom quilting are far above the other choices I have seen. Zoltan also listens to his customers and if he can will add new ideas that customers have.

I only have the APQS Lenni, but now with my IQ I have horizontal and vertical channel locks plus a thread break detector.

Before I purchased the IQ....I demoed the Quilt Path software, but at the time it did not have the options I wanted. Plus I was not very keen on the software interface.

My advice though would be to try out as many robotic systems as you can before making a decision. They are expensive and paying that kind of money you need to be happy with your choice.

IntelliQuilter most definitely. I have a Millie with the iQ system and I love it! I waited 6 mo to get mine but looking back I would have gotten it right away. I can do 3 lap size quilts in a day and I don't have to stand at the machine for hours on end. My shoulders and arms thanked me right away! If you have the budget, go for it!!

I waited 5 years to get my Quilt Path.  I love it!   I do mostly panto quilting with it, but like that I can do custom too.  For the price point I was looking at either Quilt Path or BasiQ and liked that I could do custom with Quilt Path.  I was not ready to invest what it would have cost for the full IQ.  My goal was that I needed to be able to pay cash for a computer system.   I am sure I would have loved the full IQ too. 

My Quilt Path has done about 200 quilts in under a year.  I have not had any down time and find it very easy to use.  I have only done about 20 that were custom.  My goal was to get a computer to do E2E since that added a new service for my customers.  I did not do traditional pantos and they have loved the new option.  

As a brand new long-armer, I bought my Mille and Quilt Path last year, together. I looked at IQ, too, but decided for me, QP was the way to go. I wanted my machine and computer from the same company. (Its a hardware/software thing for an old IT person.) The only problem I've had with QP was I let a clamp vibrate loose. One email to APQS, tightened the clamp and I was up and going again. IQ has been around longer and QP doesnt have all the bells and whistles that IQ has, however, being new to longarm quilting, I wasn't ready for all the bells and whistles. Im pretty confident those bells and whistles will eventually be included with QP. I've been extremely pleased with QP doing all kinds of E2Es and blocks and digitizing my own little creation! Whichever way you go, it will be right for you. Once we make a decision, we very strongly support the one we made!  LOL! 

Archived