Absolutely gorgeous!  This one will make a lot of money for their charity.  The quilt itself is beautiful, and your quilting makes it spectacular.  I am only a couple quilts away from ordering Bliss!  Suffering from serious Bliss envy.

First of all, you had me at Sue Garman quilt.  She makes some of the most beautiful quilts - I wish I could afford to have them all.  Then you totally did the beautiful quilt justice with your quilting.  Again, totally beautiful.  I'm sure that the combination of the two will bring in a good amount for this worthy cause.  Bravo!

Ann, your ability to bring out everything beautiful about this quilt is awesome.  You have to be one of the best 'quilt artists' I have ever seen.  I am a new quilter but have been to many, many quilt shows - your style of quilting and artistic delivery always shows up above all.    What an artist you are.

Great job!  I've thought about trying a double hobb's batting in one of my quilts but haven't yet. Is this your first time to quilt with 2 layers? Did you have to raise the hopping foot?

Thanks!  It's not my first time with a double layer of batting.  I have never raised the hopping foot for anything I have ever quilted.  I love the look of the 2x Hobbs and it still drapes nicely.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.  I used to live and quilt in Idaho and went by BunkHouse Quilts.  I still blog under that name.  We moved to Ohio and I no longer take in customer quilts on a regular basis, only some of my longstanding customers. I moved about the time the forum changed and have just gotten back into my quilting "zone."  I had to re-register because of an email issue, so I have been here for several years, just not much of a poster.  However I love all the ideas and help that I have gotten from reading this forum.  I will share more in the future.  :)

Archived