Drag from Millennium cord

I finally figured out why I kept feeling a "drag" when I'm quilting.  The cord is plugged into a battery backup and gets stuck either where the wheel is on the back of the machine or it just drags because of how it's plugged ingot the battery backup.  I have a 2005 Millennium and I put the cord over the top of the machine and let it hang in the space behind the machine.  This just isn't working.  I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the "drag" problem.  I can't plug it into the ceiling because of wanting to keep it plugged into the battery backup.  

I have a power strip mounted in the middle on the table frame, secured with tie wraps.  Everything is plugged into the power strip and the cord from the power strip is tie wraped to the frame to the end of the table where it plugs into a UPS.  I have the hydraulic lift, fabric advance, and Quilt Path, plus a small compressor, plugged into the power strip.  When I shut down all I have to unplug is the UPS from the wall.  There is no drag from cords and nothing gets tangled.  Attaching pictures.  I hope this helps.

post-3802-0-33669200-1396108758_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-78978600-1396108771_thumb.jpg

I don't have that many other cords, but that's how I did mine too.    

My machine seemed to be moving very sluggish the other day and I thought something was caught,,,,,,,,,,,,,instead I checked the wheels and cleaned all the gunk out of the tracks and wiped my rails down.  Now the machine nearly flies off the table !   haha    I had no idea they were that bad, as I try to clean them regularly.   Evidently it had been longer than I thought.   After I finished the quilt I was working on, I gave the machine a thorough WD40 cleaning and oiling.  Again, shocked at the amount of lint under the needle plate !    

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think having a power bar between the UPS and the devices using the power, is a problem.  Everything on the "bar" should have the same UPS as the machine.

It looks like the power bar doubles as a surge protector.  I think the UPS also serves that function.  Again, I'm not absolutely sure.  Jim

Archived