Quilt Path Design & Create

floyd6451

:I noticed that there was a border feature under the Quilt option of Design & Create ( Pg 17 in QuiltCAD QuiltPath.pdf) so I thought I would try it.

click n Quilt

Set Size    

added block across and down until I got the block size I was after.

used select Border  clicked once for corners  selected a corner pattern and placed it 4 corners done

clicked border again now edged minus corners highlighted selected pattern and placed it

clicked border once more to highlight  entire border

clicked Tools   on taskbar with File, Edit, Select, etc..   selected CW Border.

magic, magic  a border appears :o

saved.

Clicked Quilt   set Safe Area

pattern comes up out of safe area ( of course it's quilt size :angry:)

Optimize shows 18 trims ?wtf :blush:?   I click animate and watch a strange sequence of quilting so much for the magic.   I re-sequenced the numbers ( the Yellow Dots on the Optimize ) so the numbers made sense and the trims went away. save again and now back to that safe area thing ..wish me luck 

I guess it's going to take more then just luck.. :(   I've tried a few different things but no go. Seems like the Virtual Longarm plug-in should work but when I tried using this it truncates the right side of the pattern giving up around 71 inches wide. I have a 12 foot table with Safe Area set to MAX. This runner is 25 x 80 so It's time to give up for the day. I am thinking drinking wine and watching Amazing Race is a better waste of time for the evening.

Have you used the ruler or measure tool to do a panto? I would in "Design Quilt" mode set size of top in inches Horizontal and Vertical. Then set block size to 2 inches. That gives you a grid to work with. Then you can select blocks and merge them to allow for borders and end blocks. You can set a panto into the merged borders and have it nest the ends. I think it also allows clockwise or counter clockwise borders.

Thanks, Karen I'm not having prob;ems with then design part it trying to get it to quilt.  It's a very simple job I would think QP would love to do it. I've finished all the blocks and SID and stuff all that is left is to fill the 5 inch border . Virtual longarm says it's for quilting patterns that exceed your machine. My pattern is 25 x 80. It should break down into 2 rows. This part happens just fine but the right side of the pattern is truncated even if I break the design into multiple sections. Something is broken (besides me).  Will see what APQS has to say 

Got an email from Grace seems there IS an issue where the  border (Quick, CW or CCW) function and the Virtual Longarm plug-in don't play well. So..... until that's fixed you gotta do borders manually (IE not Quick) I'm starting to make friends with the Rotate key   :)

I'm also going to try making my own cuts with the Sew Quilt portion of quilt path

Archived