Millie has made her way into the studio!

Dear Friends,

I have to admit I was quite intimidated when I got home and found Miss Millie in all her glory perched in the studio.  We are slowly becoming friends.  I will keep you all posted on our relationship! 

Love the studio that my husband has created for me.  I am having more fun that one person should be allowed to!

Warm Regards,

Patricepost-6121-0-80510000-1396464354_thumb.jpgpost-6121-0-49441900-1396464387_thumb.jpgpost-6121-0-09830900-1396464413_thumb.jpgpost-6121-0-17582600-1396464449_thumb.jpgpost-6121-0-91529700-1396464499_thumb.jpgpost-6121-0-55051200-1396464519_thumb.jpg

I second Dell's request for pictures.   Doesn't matter how big, small, intense, etc..

You well should be happy with your corner of the world.  It is terrific... did you decide where to

locate things along the walls, or did your Himself do it for you?  It seems to be top 0' the walk

for locating things. 

Whomever did it, has a wonderful eye for use and in what order the machines would be available.

Congratulations,

Rita

Congratulations on your new Millie and Sewing Studio!  It's difficult to not be envious of that beautiful, clean, organized space. I especially love that cutting/storage island.  From his actions, your hubby must be a super considerate and wonderful guy. You are indeed blessed.

Thanks everyone the space is absolutely wonderful.  It's fairly large actually and is an L shaped section of the basement.  I believe its about 650 square feet which is awesome!!!   When we started planning out the space we knew we had to make room for a future "Millie" so the space was designed with that in mind and now that Millie has arrived I thought I would share some pictures of my "happiest place on earth".  I did plan a little TV and recliner space for Dave with the thought that he can watch sports while I'm sewing so it won't be so lonely.  And yes, he is a keeper!  30+ years with this man and he is such a great husband/partner/father.  I couldn't love him more. 

All of the sewing cabinets are from Pottery Barn - I craigslisted all of them and they cost me next to nothing which was a beautiful cost savings.  The island cabinets were from RTA cabinets so they come unassembled so again, we saved a ton of money there.  I splurged on the counter top.  Solid wood and beautiful.  I wanted to break up the look of the white cabinets. 

But trust me my friends, its not always this clean - I really cleaned it up for the photo's.  However, I really can't work in a messy studio.  For some reason if the studio is really messy it scrambles my brain and dampers my creativity.  (lol) one of my many "isms & ocd's"!!!

I am practicing every chance I get with Millie and my Sales Rep who is wonderful is coming for my first official lesson in the next couple of weeks.  I really am so very very happy and hopefully one day I will be as talented as all of you wonderful people.  My jaw drops at your talent and I am in awe of all of you.  You are all an inspiration to me.  So bear with me on my journey as I'm sure that I will have tons of questions for all of you.  My dream of dreams is to leave this crazy corporate world and do what I love to do.

Warm Regards,

Patrice

Welcome to the Forum Family Patrice, and congrats on your new Millie..................and that FANTABULOUS studio!!!  Looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects.  :)  We've all been where you are at one point, so it's always lots of fun to see the progress that we make with each new project that is completed.  Enjoy your wonderful space and PPP (practice, practice, practice).  ;)

Archived