What ya working on today?

It's beautiful day here in NE FLA!!!! Loving it and would love to be outside in the sunshine but have this quilt to quilt for a raffle for the Women's Club.

This is what I've done so far. SID the ditch and cross hatched the first set (4 blocks) of three. Got a long way to go!!!! 

13602529253_4ea4ae81cb_m.jpg

<13602881514_152180c9e8_m.jpg

What are you working on? I miss seeing all the see candy. I think we all are swamped!!!!!! :mellow:  :huh:  :rolleyes:

This is what I finished this week!!!  There are more pictures on Flickr. Just click either left or right!  Thanks for looking and sharing!

13601936344_a74d22c27b_m.jpg

I'm desperately trying to finish up a vintage 1930's quilt for Mary Beth Atchison. I've done like 5 quilts for her. This one's full of custom quilting, and it's turning out beautifully, if I say so myself! Im actually going to bind this one for her, as well when it comes off the frame, as she's been so dang busy lately, I just want to do that for her.

Not much today as far as quilting............I made DH a Black Rasberry pie and trying a new recipe for mini chicken pot pies....Bisquick recipe made in muffin tins.......doing this between snifflling and sneezing with the spring allergies that cropped up all of a sudden.   We have some rain today, so that helps.   

I have a Triple Irish Chain on the frame that I started working on a couple days ago..........hope to get back to that by tomorrow.

UGH! I've been at work from 7 to 5 every day. Add 45 minutes each way for driving and you can figure out where I've been last week and this week.  I have a baby quilt to put an all over pattern on (will probably take like 20 minutes), then a twin size to freehand.  These are for my one customer.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to attract a customer base.  I know there are quilters in the area. Heck, I work with a few. When they see pictures of my quilts they gush about how nice they are, but when they ask about price they back off saying "Wow, does it really cost that much?"  I am really trying not to get discouraged again, but it is frustrating.

On the bright side, at least this way I have time to work on things for me or my family. : )

Don't get discouraged, Teresa. One of the clients I did a queen size for said she didn't have the money to plunk down every time she needed something quilted. I told DH & he said well then let her plunk down $20,000 on a machine & see how she likes that price. She just became a repeat client.

Remember, people afford what they WANT to afford. No more, no less. We all do.

Philosophically,

Joan

I am quilting one of mine.  It is from one of Jenny's from Sew Kind of Wonderful quilt along.  "Funny" thing is...I have already quilted this same quilt once.  That's how I became such and "expert" at frogging.  Teresa...don't get discouraged...and don't lower your prices.  It takes a long time to establish that customer base.  

Dell, love the quilting that you have done so far.  I know the quilt will be gorgeous!

Today I dropped the kids off at the spa (in our house, translated, that means the dogs went to the groomer.)   Got my hair cut, ran errands, bought flowers for the pots on the front porch.  But yesterday was a wonderful quilting day.  I finished quilting grandson's graduation quilt and the binding is machine stitched.  I will get the hand stitching done next week and post a picture.

I work 10 hours a day at my day job but I make up for it on the weekends. I quilted my queen size mystery quilt last weekend and I have a quilt ready to put together. I will work on it this weekend. I have so much fun with Millie she does a beautiful job. I also love my CL boards. I did the Baptist fan on my mystery quilt. I'm pretty happy with it :).

Dell, do you stop at the flowers each time and cut and bury?  Or, do you stitch  around the flower and keep going?  I like what you are doing.  Actually I like all the quilts shown above.  Theresa, don't get down!  There will always be that group of folks who thinks quilts should be free or nearly free!  I don't have a large customer base but I stay busy enough for me.  Just keep the spirit!!!

Didn't manage much sewing.. putting the 9 patch sections together for the "I dyed the fabric" Single Irish Chain.

I think next time I will make a double Irish chain.

Had to spend the day at a motel.. Roofers were working here and there was a lot more dust to be flying around

than either of my Dr.s wanted..  I did sew, cut more potato beads and set them to drying, read a few minutes and

took a brief nap and had some lunch.

We had to be out of the house./yard by 6:30, then find a motel room, get me and mine put in the room and Himself

back to the house by 7:30.  I hear he barely made it.   Early mornings aren't too bad,  4:30 a.m. is BAD.

I'm in bad need of some sleep.. only 3 hours last night.. aiming for 6-7 tonight.

It's good, after 8 days, to be back home.. Hospital smells, I hope are gone.

My nose no longer cringes when someone walks near, lol, and against odds,

my appetite isn't pushing every minute for something to chew on.

Good Luck, and keep stitching...

Rita

I'm watching a first-time longarmer quilt her very own quilt!!  She even wrote her name, quilted a couple of stars, a few flowers and a mustache!  When she said she wanted to do a feather, I was a little skeptical, but it turned out great - think a bird's feather..... Once I get the photo off my phone, I'll post it.  She'll be back to do more quilts, I'm sure!

Dell, do you stop at the flowers each time and cut and bury?  Or, do you stitch  around the flower and keep going?  I like what you are doing.  Actually I like all the quilts shown above.  Theresa, don't get down!  There will always be that group of folks who thinks quilts should be free or nearly free!  I don't have a large customer base but I stay busy enough for me.  Just keep the spirit!!!

Gee I'm getting lazy!!! I 

I did my SID around the block. 

SLOWLY went around all the applique inside an out.

Using a ruler, starting at the lower left hand corn do the \\\\\\\\. Go as far as I can. Stop do the center and then the rest. I go around the applique.

Then I start in the lower right hand corner doing the //////////.  I will go back and some quiltng to the flowers and leaves. 

I'm also back tacking! 

Thanks for your kind words.

I'm thanking leaves in the green sashing and trying to figure out what I will do in the pieced borders!!!!

All the quilts are so pretty. Thurs a.m. I meet with my prayer group. This afternoon I worked on half square triangles. I have been going back and forth about the best or easiest way to do them. The last quilt is did was baskets (not quilted yet). I tried making them doing the grid method. They came out ok. I am making a lot for this quilt but am not so happy with the time it take to do the grid method. I'm stuck doing them this way but I think I'll try something else next time. K

Archived