Tried to change password and got locked out !

Hi........just had a crazy thing happen.   I was going through sites and changing passwords because of that stupid password thing, but then I got locked out of my page here !    It would not accept my old password or allow me to change to a new one.  Kept getting the message "your account will be unlocked in 13 minutes" or 5 minutes or 1 minute...........never did unlock my account............so I just signed up with a new account which shows me as a Newbie.   Oh well.   At least I am back on.............

I think I must have missed something.   All passwords are to be changed?  and why?

I use a little paper address book to keep track of sites, the user name and passwords.  A pain to start but not hard to keep up,

use a mechanical pencil, not a pen.,

I hate passwords though.,. can't deny that!

Welcome back,

Rita

Yes, there was some glitch where some sites were hacked and they were advising people to change passwords.  It was on the news a couple nights ago.   You can type in "Heartbleed" and it will take you to a site where you can check to see if any of your online sites are affected.   The 3 that I use that were on the list were Facebook Amazon and Gmail...............but I went ahead and changed passwords to some of my regular shopping sites as well.

Archived