Fun! I finally got to quilt my own quilt!

chrisquilter

Our Guild quilt show is in two weeks.  I have been quilting my brains out on customer quilts and I have finally taken time to play with my own quilts.  This one is finished and another one is almost done.  I fell in love with this fabric line by Basic Grey called Figgy Pudding.  The pattern was a freebie put out by Moda.  Thanks to Jamie Walen who gave me the courage to mix up all kinds of feathers in the fill.  I used the straight lines to hopefully indicate cracked ice behind the colors.  I used blue marker to mark the lines and did not want to fill the tub to soak the quilt...so....I took it outside, hung it up and sprayed it with the garden hose.  I let it hang there to dry and it worked great.  My other quilt will get the same treatment!  It was quilted with a double batt, cotton/poly on the bottom and a 1/2" poly on top.  Sofine thread and Bottom Line bobbins (always)  My favorite combo.  The thread in the trees is a variegated metallic by Robison Anton that I have had for ages. I slathered it with Sewers Aid.  I did use a 4.0 needle when I got to the metallic thread.  It worked pretty well with just a few breaks. I'm so excited to finally have some of my own quilts finished.13925095994_92efaf71e5.jpgIMG_20140418_115516 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr  You have to go backwords and forwards to see the additional pictures in flicker.  Sorry!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived