Five Most Used Colors of Wide Backing Fabric

I tend to buy backing that differs from that found at the LQS. I carry subtle tone on tone prints in several colours. Sage green is by far the most popular, then black/charcoal, beige to medium brown, golden brown, yellow, medium and navy blue. I also have wide printed flannel backing in sage green, cream, toffee, bright blue and lime green. If a customer prefers other colours or a lighter tone on tone print they can usually find one at the LQS.

Leslie

I buy stuff that I want to use on my own quilts.  I figure that most of my customers are going to be bringing me their backings, so I'd better love what I buy. 

That said, I've currently got white, khaki, black, light blue, buttercream yellow, red,, lavender and pink in stock.

I very seldom use, or get from my customers, solid color backings.  I'd buy tone on tones or ones with a nice but subtle design.  I have a few in my collection (bolts) that are fairly popular with my clients.  One is a sage green, another is cream with a light tan paisley design on it.  They go well with a lot of quilt tops.

Archived