frog song

K. Szymaszek

Exasperating, isn't it? It took me forever to find the woopsie!

I think you'll be happier taking out the stitches and only because as you travel around your grid filling it in, you'll have to make adjustments at the other side as one area joins another (when they go around the basket).Nothing will match, as I'm sure you already know. :( 

I'm sending you good frogging thoughts and a hug of encouragement. The quilt looks great and when it's finished and is greatly admired, you'll have a wonderful story to tell of the journey.

It is at the bottom of the triangle to the left. I couldn't believe I went that far before catching it. I made a couple of other goofs but caught them quick. This one took me till I was connecting them.

If you are wondering, I have been frogging my fingers sore. I have 15 more squares to go. I had really hoped to finish the background tonight. Maybe tomorrow, ugh.

Linda, you hit the nail on the head and I just couldn't stand it. Totally exasperating!

Andrea, you cracked me up with where's waldo.

I'm so sorry for your troubles, but thanks for sharing this because it gives me ideas about how to add little clues while marking that might help me avoid a similar dilemma. Likely I'll find many other pits to fall into, but I always appreciate a 'lessons learned' when someone is willing to share. This forum is chock full of generous 'been there, done that' quilters, my thanks to every one of you!

I love your basket block quilting, it's beautiful!

Thanks for the support everyone.

Heidi, that is a great tip. Thanks, I just might do that for the rest of the quilt.

Linda, you are totally right. I look at those flowers and I know I just couldn't do them justice.

Oma, if I left it I would have many more squares that wouldn't match up as I am working across the quilt. I have to say, I likely would have taken it out anyway as it would just bug the heck out of me. I may be a little type A  ;)  :D

OK, for the newbie...is it the two squares in the upper left of the photo near the bottom of the colored "triangle" that are stitched in the same direction instead of alternating horizontal vs. vertical stitching...???

That is the part I see that doesn't follow the "plan"...

Archived