Step by Step Instructions for Quilt Path Pantos -- I need testers

Georgene

PLEASE SEE UPDATED VERSIONS of these files at

http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/topic/36436-quilt-path-instructions/ 

OK, I have finished the step by step instructions on creating and stitching pantograph designs in Quilt Path. I also created a separate document on things to do before you start.

The videos are wonderful, but a hard copy can be very useful for quick reference when you're in the middle of a quilting project.

I would really like someone or several people actually to test these instructions. They are written the way I do my pantographs. Everyone may do them differently, but I have opted to try and keep all my stitches on the quilt, instead of overflowing on both sides of the batting. Even with these instructions, designs will often go off the right side of the quilt due to shrinkage, but not by much. When that happens, and the row has completed, before breaking the thread, I just stitch a vertical line on the quilt top to secure those stitches so they won't unravel when trimmed for binding.

Anyway, here are the files. I would greatly appreciate your feedback in case we can help others progress through the process of becoming comfortable with Quilt Path.

Thank you for helping.

These are FANTASTIC!    As you said, there are different ways to get the same results:   i mark my rows in the center with painters tape and a needle up and down and then scroll. I use slow on most of my pantos because I tend to do smaller, denser ones. You did a great job!  thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time on this,Georgene. I had taken a few weeks off from quilting to get the garden and the rest of spring under control and used it to get back on the frame. Only thing I do different is set the number of rows before selecting pattern. It's a little smoother on my tablet. other than that fantastic.

on a side note The Road Show 2014 was in Sacramento last week so I stopped in to talk with Mark Caraher and Josh Campbell the APQS reps. Great Guys lots of info. Big news was that there is now a MANUAL For Quilt Path. Written by Dawn. perhaps there will be a way to get our hands on it.

Floyd, I just got word from Dawn that the QP manual is still a ways off. :mellow: Guess we'll all have to be patient just a little longer.  In the meantime, did you know there's a very active QP group on Facebook?  If you're on Facebook, I can get you hooked up. ;)

Thanks, Barb. I kinda thought they had a little salesman in them.  I joined the FB group awhile back. It's  a good group for sure. Only reason I would like a manual is to see what was the intended way  to use all the buttons. Like why are there 5 nesting options? We've all got our own ideas, right?  anyway That's the fun of computers :rolleyes:...

happy quilting

tom

I am with you there, Tom!  The "Help Files" are good, but they don't tell us HOW to use the buttons, just what function they perform.  Kinda like saying: "The turn signal in your vehicle illuminates the left or right arrow lamp." Yes, that's what it does, but not WHY....

And we do need an eye-rolling icon here, don't we?  ;)

Tom,

Do you know the trick of hovering over the button, by getting the stylus close but not actually touching the screen.  It brings up a help field that tell you what the button does.  That being said, some of them are not all that helpful.  Most of them are very good.  

If you have questions, others do too.  Ask away, we will all try to answer your questions.  And you will probably be helping someone that is having the same question and just hasn't asked it yet.   

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Angela I noticed that. I've only been using 3 or 4 buttons as of late so it's helpful when I use some of the others

Sorta like number of stiches in a row is useful for judging number of bobbins.

25000 stiches  for 'bottom line' and 17000 for 'so fine' per bobbin (+-1k)

It's all good

t

Archived