Sign in to follow this  
lisata.

cant go from right to left ?

Hi !

I have a quilt that does not to be quilted much, just two curved lines within one strip, the

quilt resembles an american flag.

So I started to go from left to right , turn around at the end and go from right to left,

but after 2 or 3 inches my thread is virtually shredded ??

The needle is new and I have no problems going from left to right, or in the star part

in loops around the stars ?

Can someone tell me what is wrong ?

thanks Lisa

Lisa 

*~*~* 2012 APQS Lucey + 2014 QuiltPath  *~*~*   www.lisaskreativseite.blogspot.com  *~*~*    www.quilt.werdel.de

If you look at a clock. The needle eye should be at 6:35 when you have it turned. You probably have it straight on at 6:30. Clear as mud. It sometimes helps to put a pin in the eye to turn it.

Shirley

I just had this problem myself a few weeks ago! I did have my needle in the 6:35 position and found that I needed to be in the 6:30, straight on, position. I did not even have to change needles! I only seem to have this problem with glide thread, but once I straightened needle position, it was smooth stitching.

Lori

Heidi, sorry, but I have no idea what position 635 is ?

the rest makes a lot of sense :-)

thanks !

Lisa

LOL Lisa sorry to confuse you.  If you insert a pin very carefully into the eye of the needle, just turn the needle a little.  If it is already at the 6:35 position back it up more toward the 6:30 position (the eye of the needle that is).  It just depends where the timing is set on your machine and sometimes moving that needle around a little can make a huge difference.