APQS California

I returned home (Fresno area) last night from introductory classes at the new APQS California (aka "Dave Make It Sew" ) shop in Rancho Cucamonga, California.  I learned so much!  Earlean Moore, who taught the classes, is a wonderful teacher--this beginner finally understood a number of elementary concepts that had escaped her in several other beginner classes!

Dave, the resident California APQS wizard, promises prompt service without having to ship our machine heads off to Iowa.  His shop is a great place to try out all the APQS machines if you are debating whether to buy or which machine to buy. He has refurbished used machines available and will give you a call if you are looking for a particular used machine. He is also offering rental time on the machines and making the shop's machines available for Guild to quilt Quilts of Valor (there is already a stack there waiting for willing hands).

There was some talk yesterday of trying to organize a central/southern Califonria "long armers' guild"-- I'm thinking akin to the Moxies, of course--to get together periodically in the shop.

In short, we have a great new resource that I hope many of us Californians will be able to support.

Cynthia

Archived