Quilting ideas for Judy Neimeyer's Weeping Willow quilt

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine is coming over tomorrow to put a quilt like this one on my frame (I don't have a picture of her quilt, but this is the pattern).  I am wondering how to quilt it?  should she do a pantograph or more of a custom?  She is going to do it herself with me "supervising" (LOL, as much as I can with a whole 11 pantos and 1 custom quilt under my belt...) it is for her son, so probably something more 'guy-ish'.  Any advice is very much appreciated.  Thank you, Melissa

WeepingWillowPat.jpg

If she's going to quilt it, with no longarming experience, I would be sure to load it with the long strips going the length of the frame.  Wiggly lines to each poing and back will be very forgiving for a newby to stitch.  Even if she want to do color changes to match the fabric, it shouldn't be too bad.  Then by the time she gets that all done, she should have a good feel for the machine and can go back and quilt something in the black.

• 3 weeks later...

Big thanks to you all!  My friend finished her quilt.  She ended up doing a pantograph on it.  LOL, she picked pinecone which is probably the most detailed one that I have, and she did a fabulous job.  You'd think she'd be longarming for years!  Of course I didn't get a picture of it finished.  I did take a video of her working on it and sent it to her husband.  I just said ok Dave, she's a natural and she's going to want one of these now... jus' sayin'.  LOL. 

Archived