A very funny for the day

Yep. I keep my hair neatly coiffed, my nails polished, and my lipstick freshened whenever I'm stitching. And that French chalk tip is right on...

Wait! Nail polish--what's that? Powder? Pffftt! What the heck is French chalk? Lipstick--maybe chapstick! Yes, I'm a vision to behold when I'm working.  :blink:  :D

Thanks for sharing, Oma!

Right now Dennis is gardening in grubby pants and yesterdays T-shirt. And hasn't yet showered for the day. He'll do that after playing in the dirt. When he's purty, I'll be purty too!

Thank goodness times have changed.  I'm the first to say that I do relax more when my house is clean but if I had to wait to sew until I had a dress, hair done and lipstick, well suffice it to say I'd never get anything done sewing wise!  I do remember my mother having to wear a dress to shop in the commissary.  LOL  Good thing those times are gone as well.

What ya talking about? I do that everyday! :ph34r:

DId my evil gemini twin just show up? :ph34r:

Get out of here! I'm with Linda and I did weed half a row of potatoes this morning only because it would be too darn hot later to do it. Gotta go sew! Bye!

So glad you gals and guys can read over my typos!!!!

I don't have a problem with weeds in my garden.  If I happen to see one I run and tell the produce manager and he makes sure its taken out.  Oh my...I'm cracking myself up this morning.  I need to stop it and get those three baby quilts finished and finish the graduation announcement inserts for my DGG.  I'm hiding out on my computer using the excuse that I'm still transferring stuff from my old one to my new one.  Sheesh...I'm sounding like I'm lazy and a fibber.  I'm happy that I'm sitting here dressed at the moment.  I didn't even do that yesterday.  Didn't even realize it until I was getting ready for bed and went to put on my pajamas and realized I was still wearing pajamas.  I'm bad.

I'm seeing images of a skinny little thing, with hair up in a ponytail, wearing a shirtwaist dress with a full gathered skirt.........something like a photo of my mom from 1957! (except she didn't wear her hair in a ponytail) If I had time for all of that bologna I might actually clean my house and cook a meal! I finally cleaned the sewing room last weekend.......I shoved everything under the longarm and vacumed the little bit of floor space I opened up in front of it.....cleaning done!!

OK...I get the "not house cleaned" award....one of my dogs is terrified of thunder and crawled under my bed...when he emerged...he brought out a dust ball big enough to be used for batting!   I am afraid to look under the bed to see how much more there is....Oh...the only essential chore that needs to be done before quilting is to make sure the bird feeders are full.....most...yes, that is what I said....most ....of the snow up in northern Minnesota has finally melt and lots of birds migrating through right now.....and the only flowers I have seen so far are 12 dandelions....I never thought I would be so happy to see them and no....I will not pull them up after this winter!  LOL   Lin

hahahaha!  I hot-foot it over to my studio without having my hair brushed and still in my PJ's some days.  I look both ways down the street to make sure none of my neighbors are out for their morning walk and make a run for it.  Gotta go when inspiration strikes (or I have a big deadline)!  I would hate for them to see me in my oversized black MUSTANG RANCH t-shirt that says, "Quality Control Supervisor."

What fun this has been! I will have to share it with my other quilting friends.

I keep an old bathroom in my basement quilting room and wear it in the winter when it gets cold down there. The basement never keeps up with the upstairs heat here in Iowa. If a client comes, I make sure my bathrobe is hidden...and of course I run up and put my heels and pearls on!!!

Hahaha.  I answered the door once with a neck brace on, a neck travel pillow on, and one shoe.  I was a mess!  The delivery man gave me a funny look.  The braces and pillow were to support my head while sewing, and I took off my right shoe so I could push on the peddle barefoot for more control.  How embarrassing!!!!!

Archived