Modern quilt using new Egyptian Eye boards

Beachside Quilter

I'm curious...when you are stitching this out do you have to back track in order to go into the "eye" then go completely around the eye and onward?

Oma, I stitched the bottom outside of the eye and stitched the entire row, left to right. Then the next row I stitched into the eye, in and out, continuing left to right the entire row. This includes double stitching the portions of the row except the eye.

Vickie I love this!  It looks so good and I bet it does stitch out very quickly and that means you can do more in a short period of time and make that money!!!!  Keep up the good work.  I was piecing a quilt for my nephew for his graduation present earlier and will get up early in the morning to finish and then get it in the machine to quilt.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute to get it done.  Look forward to seeing you again.

I am definitly NOT a fan of the Egyptian Eye,  so nearly didn't look at the picts.   I would have ignorantly missed a beautiful design stitched out on a pretty quilt. 

That would be perfect if it fit on a log cabin.. keeping the design flowing without breaking it up in loops.. 

Thanks for showing this and I suggest anyone who doesn't love it,  check it out anyway!!~!

Very pretty.

Rita

Sheri and Del,  Read the second sentence.  I thought it explained it quite well.

Why if I didn't like the board, would I then suggest it for another quilt?

I never post a comment if I think it might offend anyone..    If I do so, please let me know..

Del, you are right.  I don't like the standard Egyptian Eye, but DO like this board.Rita

Archived