finished a quilt

I'm hoping this picture comes through. I'm in the process of switching to a new computer with Windows 7 and had to take both my window pro computers offline thanks to Microsoft discontinuing support.

Anyway, the is the second quilt I've quilted since having to put my beloved cat to sleep on Earth Day. It's been tough getting back to enjoying anything. Tomorrow is mine and my husband's 18 year anniversary-we got Smokey right after we got married.

post-5206-0-21274200-1400447071_thumb.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.  I know it may seem unthinkable right now, but nothing gladdens the heart like a little kitten, and there are thousands out there waiting to be adopted.  Your kitty would most likely have willed her spot to another kitty in need if she had been able to write it down.  Your quilt is lovely.  Nice job.

Linda, I had my eye on a full grown cat rescue right after Smokey died but my heart just isn't in it yet. Maybe one day. Quilting has always been something I enjoyed. The first quilt I did afterwards took me about three weeks to do, and it wasn't that big at all. I'm hoping my heart will get back to feeling like quilting again soon. In the meantime, reading everyone's posts here has helped me to feel connected to something again.

Thank you to all the ladies (and gents) for such a great, welcoming list :)

Archived