Baby quilt for great granddaughter

Well I have one down and two more to go.  There is a 2 year old and 4 year old living in the house too so I thought it would be nice to give them their own quilts at the same time.  They are my GD's niece and nephew.    

This one actually hangs straight just doesn't look like it.  I feel like I over quilted it a bit, but I know it is going to be used and loved so it needs to hold up.  I embroidered little animal scenes from Embroidery Library.  I SID around all the blocks and the sashing.  I stitched over some of the embroidery and meandered around the rest of it.  I used the CL boards Michael made me to do the bead border around the last border.  I used a pretty pink Minkee with textured puffs on it on the back so it's very soft.  I used a high loft polyester batting so it would be "poofy" and hold up well in the washer and dryer.  I think my thread is Sew Fine with Super Bobs in the bobbin. 

My Minkee was just barely bigger than the top of the quilt and in better days I would have attempted making it work, but I put a width of fabric down the back to give me a little more room.  As you can plainly see...it was not perfectly centered.  I bet that baby never notices that...lol.                                                   

I  was able to sit and do all of it from the front of my machine by using Michael's up front stylus system.  That was a life saver.  This is only the second thing I've quilted in almost two years.  I felt a little rusty, but it's coming back.  I can't wait to do the other two quilts because they are I Spy quilts so will go faster I think and I'm going to use Michael's boards on them too. I only have a little over a week to get them done so I had better get going on them.

post-4696-0-76593200-1400614725_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-96745300-1400614757_thumb.jpg

Oma, I too have that little iron showing in your last picture.  Do you love it as much as I do.  It doesn't set the aches and pains off like a conventionaly shaped iron.  Even the small ones.

I love it bunches...

Rita

Yes I do love it Rita.  I tried just about every thing on the market.  I hesitated buying it because I thought it would be awkward to use, but that wasn't the case.  It's perfect.  I even made a little carrying case for it a while back.  It was real reasonably priced to begin with then I used a JoAnn's 50% coupon on it so it was a great deal for under $20.

post-4696-0-32362900-1401021815_thumb.jpg

Archived