Sign in to follow this  
Tford

How do you raise the hopping foot on a relatively new Millie?

I could raise the hopping foot on my old 2004 Millie but the one I got in January 2013 doesn't have the same opening.

I don't normally do "thicker" quilts but this is a t-shirt top with batting and a fuzzy blanket back. 

The t-shirts tuck as I try to go across and create a pleat.

Any suggestions ??

Funny you should ask. I had the same question this week. I called Amy and she emailed me the instructions. Couldn't see any slot in a screw looking thru the tiny hole. It ended up that the screw was laying inside my machine and I never did manage to adjust the foot. It would not move. I did put the screw back in. I wonder how long it's been laying inside my machine? I had to return the quilt to my customer.

Wow, BobboieJones, I would have never found that screw in your machine! I had to take off the left side plate and put a little flashlight in there to be able to see the screw from the little hole on the right side. Even then I was reaching in with my finger to locate the screw.before I could get the screwdriver in. But got it done and got the quilt finished -- and learned something new!