Baby Girl Quilt

This is just a simple little baby quilt I made up to sell. The fabrics are all from my stash, cotton batting, pale yellow So Fine and white Glide on top, magna glide bobbin.

I don't post photos too often, so bear with me if this doesn't work the first time.  

14318758223_b9c3741404_t.jpg2014-04-21 08.57.04 by s.waits, on Flickr

14112037907_420788656c_t.jpg2014-04-21 08.57.17 by s.waits, on Flickr

14296635312_a9795c17b2_t.jpg2014-04-21 08.58.07 by s.waits, on Flickr

Thanks for the sweet comments! I love making this sort of cute, quick, kiddie stuff. I can do the more complicated piecing, but this is what I enjoy. Maybe one day I'll grow up, maybe.........

Bonnie, I'm working on setting up a shop on Etsy. I don't have anything listed yet, but this is one of the quilts I've made up for that purpose. The idea is to have fun, get lots of practice quilting, and finance my fabric habit!

Janice,

I made the pattern myself. The bottom is 2.5" strips, cut to 40 inches square after sewing them together. If I remember the top is 12" by 40". I used a scalloped ruler to draw the scallop. I sewed the two layers of fabric together along the drawn line, then carefully cut away the excess on each side. Ricrac sewn on top hides the seam. I drew the bird and flower, used fusible web to apply, then machine appliqued with a blanket stitch around the raw edges. I sew the binding to the back and roll to the front, then use a serpentine stitch to sew it down from the front. I want everything to withstand many washings and much floor dragging!

Archived