Has anyone stitched on photo sheets used in quilt

I am doing a memory quilt that has June Tailors photo sheets that were used with an ink jet printer.  One photo is very large and needs some stitching. Has anyone stitched on these? Should i use a smaller needle, fine thread?  I was thinking silk, bottom line?  Should I transfer it my home machine? If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts please respond.  I looked online for instructions , but......they say nothing about quilting on the photos.

Thanks, 

Betty

Yes, although I prefer not to stitch on the photo.  When they're big and need some quilting to keep them from sagging off the quilt, I used monopoly and carefully outlined the people in the photo.  It wasn't really noticeable and the customer was happy with it.  I just don't like to do it if I can avoid it.

I've stitched on other brands of photo sheets - Printed Treasures, I think? - and it worked just fine. I used Bottom Line and avoided the faces. Just be very sure where you will be stitching - ain't no froggin' that stuff!

thank you ladies,  I very much appreciate your response.  Now off to the studio with somewhat a pit in my stomach. whenever i know frogging is not an option I freeze up and become tense.  deep breaths, deep breaths.

thanks again, i love this forum, just not computers. 

I have made numerous memory quilts but I always transfer my photos using Bubble Jet Set making my own sheets. I always stitch on the photo as I don't like the poofiness you get if not stitched.  I do try to avoid the faces but it looks so much nicer with some stitching.

Archived