rhino cutting mats

Have any of you used these Rhino cutting mats? http://www.rhinocuttingmats.com/

I just built a new cutting table 4x8. I bought Laminate for the top but now I'm thinking I want to cover at least half of it if not all the table with a new cutting mat. I keep thinking having 8' to square a quilt would be nice.

This company says they will cut it to any size. They also say they are thicker and self healing.

What do you ladies think? Are these good cutting mats? Would it be worth getting the whole table top covered?

I have one ...not sure if it from this company but it is white with blue lines and although I love the big size ...about 36 by 60...I find that cutting with a rotary cutter is better on the regular olfa or other mats...sometimes the blades doesn't cut all the way through but leaves littles snags...

The first time this happened I thought my blade was dull but no, it happens with a brand new blade

I don't know about these mats, but I have a white mat, and cutting white fabric on it is not fun.  Very hard to see the edges of the fabric. It also gets very dirty looking as lint imbeds in the tiny cuts.  It's not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of.  I will not get another white one.

Archived