QP - Quilt is 3 inches wider in the middle than top and bottom

JeannieB

I'm doing an interlocking feather panto on a sampler block quilt. the quilt has 3 borders that measure about 1.5", 4.5" and 3".  The quilt measures 59" at the top, 62 in the middle and back down to 59.5 at the bottom. Using QP, how do i extend the pantograph to gradually increase in size from 59 to 62" with the interlocking panto?

Thanks for your help.  8-)post-10740-0-62338100-1402242478_thumb.jpg

Jeanne, how many rows will be affected by the extra width? Could you quilt as if the top was the same width all the way down, then go back and add partial patterns on each end of the affected rows? Just trying to think outside the box here! Good luck!

If you test the fabrics & if you are sure it's not going to bleed, spray & shrink the quiltop with starch//water, I have done this so many many times.

If you have a feature in quilt path that would allow you to edit the length, then add accordingly.

IQ allows us to manipulate digital designs length, width & scale.

Yes, there is a way to add the panto pattern to a Quilt Layout and then select the panto optimize to check it and hit Quilt. It is possible to use the various types of 4 point block placement or multi point placement to morph the panto. I have done this. But looking at your picture, I think that thin border looks warped and distracts. So the old physical methods using starch and pins and heat should help. And I think it would be best to fix the quilt and not quilt it as is.

Archived