The Quilt Show

You all may or may not have noticed I haven't been around much lately; I've been so busy! Anyway a quick update because I thought you all would enjoy hearing what the heck I'm doing this week. Today I came to LaVeta, Colorado for The Quilt Show taping. Somehow I got suckered into being a gopher (twist my arm, lol!), assistant, honey-do; whatever you want to call it. Let me tell you.........IT IS AWESOME!!! This show is going to blow you away! I had the privilege to attend Simply Quilts tapings and to me this set blows SQ out of the water! It is so gorgeous. Alex, Ricky, Justin, Angel & Bev (producers from SQ + many other high profile shows like OPRAH!) and many others have been working their tails off to make this a show like you have never seen. I have so much excitement I can't stand it! It is being filmed at Tims Art Quilt Studio. It has been transformed into a sound stage/home. Beautiful set furniture, great colors, beautiful fireplace, piano & quilts. I was asked (told, whaaa!) to pretend to be tomorrows first guest for productions sake, oh boy is it intimidating to be in front of those camera's! Alex and Ricky are such pro's. I actually (almost) breezed right though. The caliber of guests lined up are more than impressive and diverse. Sounds like some very special segments are lined up; things not done on SQ. So professional with producers, assistants, camera crew, lighting, sound and a control room. It will be fun to see how the audience members react tomorrow. I think they will be quite impressed with the whole production! A few surprises are in store for them too! I am so tired, I know I am babbling. I'll try to update as I can for those that are interested. Let me know what you want to know, I'll be a mole and try to find out. I can't post pics yet because of confidentiality.

Hi, Cheryl! I've been wondering about you (and missing you on the chat) and I was sure you were on your way over to LaVeta for the first tapings of the show. How exciting! Oh, and I am sure you did an AWESOME job as the "pretend first guest" as you are a real natural. I'm sure you dazzled 'em with your wonderful personality, your gorgeous looks and your excellent knowledge of all things "quilty." I am excited for you and everyone. Life is good. :cool:

Wow! congrats, Cheryl! I've missed you too, and a bunch of others out there. Is that where everybody went?

Yup, it's official, you're a movie star! I'm assuming this is going to be something we can buy? or is it a series for TV? So very, very cool! If it's TV I hope it comes here. If it's to buy, guess what I want for...... um....... let's see....... Easter!! yeah, that's it, that's the next holiday, isn't it?

Again, Congratulations and OF COURSE they wanted you in the show, with your beautiful smile and personality that comes through even a still photo. Go for it, girl!

I thought working the booth for APQS was a long day. I am POOPED! 14 hours. Some of it was waiting but not that much for me. I wore many hats and stayed very busy today. We started at 7 am. production logistics, hair and make-up, wardrobe, shine control, more production........many more exciting things going on behind the scenes. Learning a lot like be careful what you say if you are standing next to someone with a microphone on! You know I can get in trouble with that one!

It was amazing; the first show was flawless. No re-takes, first try on every segment! Ricky and Alex are such pro's and are the perfect match. The chemistry is wonderful and they balance each other so well. The second show was even better! Ricky played the piano, he is AMAZING! There were very interesting guests with much talent. Justin is so fun! He is a part of the show in a very important way, you'll see. The audience was great! They seemed to really enjoy being a part of the show. It was fun to see them react to the different segments as well as to Alex and Ricky. After I thought the day was over it was another production meeting for tomorrows shows. It is amazing how a show can change and the wonderful producers just go with it, make it happen and happen well. Things don't always go like you think and you must improvise. No problem for this crew!

That's it for now, I'm DONE! Oh my I hear Coyote's!!!

YEAH! someone i semi-know will be there tomorrow! being that Cheryl and I have only met for like 3 minutes in Houston last year I really don't expect her to remember every single person she meets.

I have my ticket ready to go and am going to straighten my hair right now!

can't wait to see the show tomorrow!

Take Care and Happy Quilting!

I was at the first taping, and let me tell you, Cheryl is the consummate professional! If she thinks she is a "gopher", think again! She is the glue that holds it all together.

Thanks again Cheryl for a wonderful experience. And Ricky and Alex are as gracious as I thought they'd be! I had a blast. Too bad I couldn't stay longer.

Exhausted, WHAAAA!!! LOL! Might as well be me!

As tired as I am I'm having a BLAST! Everything is so interesting.

Thank you all for the kind words. It is very uplifting to have the support of your friends. We all need a foundation; you all are part of mine.

JoAnn, I have some great hair flipping photos for you. I worked it; you'd be very proud! EIGHT cameras, oh what fun! LOL!

Manda, it was so great to see a familiar & friendly face today! I hope you had fun. Thanks for your help too.

VICKIE ANDERSON -YOU ARE MY QUEEN. I don't know how I would have gotten through the first day without you. I mean it. Also, your very generous donation of Unlimited Possibilities Magazines was stupendous. The audience members were very grateful for them. You are so kind. I owe you.

For those of you who are not yet subscribers to Unlimited Possibilities Magazine you are missing out. It just so happens that not only does this months issue feature Ronda K. Beyer but Alex Anderson. If you haven't checked it out yet you should!

Hi Myrna! You would love it here! You should arrange to come to the June taping. You all should try! It will be worth your while.

This morning we were preparing to leave our place to go to the studio and there were 5 deer right out the door. Closer than any I have ever seen.

What until you see who the first round of artists are. You will love them. Very well rounded. Something for everyone. You will not be disappointed!

Nightie night...........

I had the BEST time at the taping. I already warned Justin that I was bringing my daughter next time and he was OK with that! What a great group of people. I was amped all the way home (an hour and a half drive) and ended up staying out until 2 this morning with my husband, or was it 3 with the time change?! Anywho, the atmosphere was absolutely wonderful at the taping and the town of LaVeta is so CUTE! I got to meet the gal who owns the Mountain Valley Quilt Shop there in LaVeta and we began discussions on beginning a shop hop. yeah!

Sunday I attended the 3rd day of taping for Alex & Ricky's new Internet quilt show. What FUN!!! Ricky and Alex & their team were awesome! Their guests were great... such a variety. I got to meet lots of friendly, talented people... including our own Cheryl Uribe. Hi Cheryl! :) It was so much fun being part of the process..... Hi Manda!

Check out the website - www.TheQuiltShow.com. It has so much to offer in additon to the very cool internet broadcast show. There are 2 leverls of membership. The basic (free) includes all kinds of cool photos & info from this weekend's taping in the BLOG.

I'm looking forward to April 1... Nancy

Nancy

but, I'm not complaining! The Quilt Show taped 6 shows this round. I can't imagine doing more in 3 days. The crew worked their butts off!

Anyway, I'm back now. Home sweet home! My boys missed me! That's saying a lot because you know they are too COOL to miss mom (& wife)! Good, because I missed them too! I will miss the LaVeta crew also. We really became close knit. Even the people I did not know (like JEFF!) became fast friends, like family. Jeff is the lifesaver you will see in the group picture on The Quilt Show website daily blog. If you haven't looked at the blogs you should. They will give you some great teasers of this past weekend of taping. Also, the next taping is the last Fri, Sat, & Sun of June. I would love to see some of you there! It is so comforting to have friends when you are away from home. This time Vicki, Manda, Diane, Nancy (hi Nancy!), Jim & Bob where there. Also, two of our new Co. Springs reps. So GREAT to have you all there! I know Alex and Ricky so appreciate your support. Hopefully the gifts made it worth it! But, I bet being part of the show was even better.

I'll give you a hint on who was on: Joen, Denise, Vickie, Joe, Barbara, Bob, Cheryl M., Gregory, Featured:

Cheryl S., QNewsletter, QResource, Ami, oh yeah and a Gizmo Girl. Raquel, you know I've got your back! Myrna -( I threw her a little bone, lol!).

The artists for June are almost in place. I wonder who quilter's most desired artist's to see on the show would be? Well known or unknown. I would like to see Dawn Cavanaugh! If anyone is interested submit a proposal. Use the contact info on The Quilt Show website. How cool would it be to see one of us on there! Just know that the producers make the final decision on who gets on. I guess they have some guidelines they look for. None any of us are privy too! Must be for the sake of content and originality -I guess.

OK, Gizmogirl... ;) I'm gonna go check it out. Thanks!

........OK, I just got back from watching the whole slide show... and it was terrific! Lots of great shots from all over the place....watching it almost made me feel like I was there right with y'all...

I just gotta say...that this whole quilty world and the people who live in it....well, it's all just so, so cool! (and lucky, lucky me...I get to live in the quilty world, too!!!!!!!!) Life is good.

(((hugs to all of you, my dear quilty friends!)))

Shana

Hay Babe Sue Patten here

I am signed on as Claudia because I am at a show ( well 2 shows, back to back) in Germany. I bet the crew was blown away by your perfect photo posses and hair flips.. lol I think it must have been hard for them to not be distracted by your drop dead beauty.... any ways is this an on line show ??? you know me I know nothing... do you just log on to the web site, do you have to sign up??? Tell all please I am need more info. If its on line I can watch it !!!! u2u me or post. I leave Claudia early to go to show 2 but will home at the end of the month.:cool: Ill check the post again on the 27th. Till them keep flipping and smiling Babe.

I Remain Crazy For Longarm Quilting.... Sue Patten

I am soooo disappointed. I do not have high speed internet and cannot get it where I live. So I cannot sign up for the show. I love Alex Anderson. And her and Ricky Timms wiil have a great show I am sure. So I am looking forward to the discussions about the show on chat. Have a great day all.

Romona

Archived