Finally... might be getting machine!

Finally, looks like we might be able to order new machine. I'm having rotator cuff surgery in a few weeks. After recovery(and my daughters wedding) it looks like we will be ready to make the plunge.

I quit work in June of last year to help my husband's part time business take off and have kept my promise. He is in the black for the first time in 2 years and has an excellent bookkeeping system (if I do say so myself!)

My problem is my health. I know it has been posted a million times, but now I have limited time at the computer and can't spend it reasearching like I would like to. (sitting at the computer is quite painful these days!)

With my arthritis and now shoulder problems I need to make sure the machine I get will be able to be used for many years. I know I will get the hydraulic lift, but am stumped as to what machine to get. I was originally going for the Mille, but am now afraid as to the weight if that wouold be a problem.

I have spoken to my surgeon about it. He is knowledgeable enough as his neighbor has a longarm. He seems to think I shouldn't have too much problem with a longarm, but rightly so, said I should wait until after full recovery to make a final decision.

But then, those who know me know I will have it already in my house long before I am 'fully' recovered!

Any help will be appreciated!

Nini

Nini,

Good for you! Here's hoping that your health issues go away or at least become manageable. I work fulltime and am not able to play with the beast nearly as often as I would like. But that is okay..... Some day I will be retired.

Even if you don't have a machine, stop by often and visit. Reading about all our adventures and misadventures is fun also.

Gail

I've read a lot of messages about machine weight on this site and personally I can't see (or feel) the difference in machine wieghts. Of course I've never had to pick up my machine, but just to quilt with it...I couldn't tell you if it weighs 5 pounds or 65, it glides. Is this just me?? Is machine weight that important? Just curious and I'm 5' 2" and drive a Gammill Classic Plus.

Nini, there is another post on this forum "Liberty vs Millenium" that also mentions this. I just made reply there that you should read. it had a link on it to another topic I did awhile back when I was still in the research stage about LAing & Disabilities. This way you won't have to search, just sit and read. these 2 should help you a lot!

Get better soon and get that Millie!

Hi Nini,

Well, I can feel your pain. Literally. I hurt my shoulder (bicep tendon & rotator cuff) (I'm not 20 anymore, closer to 29!!!!). No surgery though, thank goodness. I have the Millie & CQ. I do move the Millie one handed no problem (freehand). Good luck, hope you are better soon.

I forgot the handles! This is a huge thing for me, too. The shape alone will allow me to change my grip, use just my palms, turn my hand palm up, sideways or palm down, tilt them up when standing or down when sitting. I felt the changes from my hands all the way up through my neck. It was great.

Archived