Motor Brush Replacement-Question for Nigel

Nigel, in another thread, you indicated you replaced your motor brushes after a year use.  My question is how many quilts do you quilt in a year?  I've got an Intellistitch equipped Ult2 that I've been using since early 2011 that shows almost no wear on the brushes.  I've quilted over 200 quilts since the up grade was made.  All I've done is blow out the carbon dust.  It has a Groschopp 8014 motor.  What motor does APQS use on their machines?  Do the APQS machines wear brushes faster than machines with the Groschopp motors, or do you just quilt so many more quilts than me ?  Just curious.  Thanks.  jim

Hi Jim

The APQS Millennium motor we have is made by Leesom.  The brushes are about the same size as the Groschopp ones but maybe a quarter inch shorter.  I've have had the I/S on the Ultimate 1 for a little over a year now and those brushes don't show any wear.  I think the difference is in the composition of the brushes.  The Leesom brushes are half the price of the Groschopp ones as well.  We do a little over 200 quilts per year also with the Millie doing about 75% of the work.  

Hope this satisfies your curiosity.

Nigel

Archived