Need to retime??

Lucey and I have had our share of issues this week.  Just when I think one problem is solved there's another one.  This time I think it's a biggy.  Don't know if I didn't have my new needle all the way in or what, but when I pressed the go button the needle went down and hit something in the bobbin and bent it.  Naturally I turned off the power and replaced the bent needle and have just moved the wheel instead of turning her one again and when the needle gets to the lowest position is when it is hitting something in the bobbin.  What do I do?  Is it the needle bar or do I need to retime.  I'm not very mechanically inclined and am just scared to death that I will make a bad situation worse.  Of course stuff like this only happens at night or on a Friday night when the office is closed.  Someone talk me off the ledge.

First check to ensure your needle is all the way up in. I'd say that is that problem, then remove the 1 screw on the needle plate and loosen the other on and open that area. Manually turn the flywheel and watch to seeif the needle is going thru the hole. Is your retaining finger in just a touch to hold the basket. You will probably have a scratch or burr on your hook assembly. Use a piece of fine Emory cloth to buff off the burr or you will have thread breakage. Check your needle depth and timing. Timing is only intimidating the first time. I'm not at home or I'd send you directions. Hopefully someone will chime in with directions, but it is on the video and in the manual that came with your machine.

Shirley

All-Hubby and I retimed Lucey (aka Christine because she is possessed like a Stephen King novel) yesterday.  I was rather surprised when I moved the needle plate to find that the hook finger was totally disengaged from the basket.  That's why my needle hit something and bent, not because I didn't have it in all the way of in incorrectly.  I have NO idea why or how this happened.  I have never done anything down there except for oil and removing, putting in the bobbin. Right now she is working and stitches all look good.  The video was the ONLY way that I/we could have done this.  Sure hope that things happen in 3's because that means that we should be good for some time to come.  Fingers are crossed!!

Archived