NQR Prayers for Madison

OK prayer warriors I need your help.  Headed to court again today for my niece Madison.  Many of you know the story.  Mom and Dad split when she was 2, they were never married.  I've been caring for Madison since she was 2 1/2 and it has been a long haul, she is now 7.  Her mother has made it so difficult and the things this little girl has to live through just make me shutter.  I don't have her as much as I used to which breaks my heart but her mother will never keep me out of her life.  Her mother has decided to move again, 7 times since she was 2, and this time it is more than an hour from my brother in-law's house.  This means that their visitations would be greatly impacted.  They were just back in court and agreed BIL would get his 3 days a week that he would have her based on his work schedule.  Really that is the agreement that they have had for the last 2 years but Madison's mother always withholds Madison when she doesn't get her way.  This time they specified every day for a year and took out the first right of refusal.  That was a win for us because if BIL had to work overtime then he could give her to me without her mother's approval.  We thought we were finally onto easier days.  Then  BIL got a letter in the mail telling him they would be moving again.  He is the only one that has anything to do with school. Her mother has never gone to a parent teacher conference and didn't even attend her kindergarten graduation.  Her mother doesn't usually even bath her when she has her and she goes to school dirty, tired and hungry.  It is enough to just tear you to pieces.  No child should have to live like that.  BIL volunteers at the school and always takes such good care of Madison.  He got an emergency order to stop her mother from moving but her mother moved any way!  Not sure how the judge will view that but I really hope he slams her.  Praying BIL gets primary custody so Madison can live with him and go to the school that is 2 doors from BIL.  That way her mother can move all she wants but Madison will have a more stable life.  Please, please, please pray that the judge sees what her mother is doing and makes a good decision.  I can tell you it won't be in Madison's best interest if she has to commute more than 2 1/2 hours a day when her father has her if her mother gets to move her.  BIL would have to make 2 round trips, almost 5 hours of driving on school days.  My stomach is in knots.  I would like to think that now that the law guardian finally see's her mother for what she is and plans on telling the judge that this move is not in Madison's best interest things will finally go our way but sadly the system is so broken I have no faith left in it.  We just had a double murder/suicide of a mother who got her children back even though an uncle was scared what his sister might do.  Now those two children are dead.  Just makes me sick that the system failed those two kids too.

I had some of this same  thing in  my family. It's resolved now and for the best interest of the child. I will certainly be thinking of Madison and praying the ones making the decisions, make the one that is in her interest and not just the interest of the biological mother. Sounds as if she is just an egg donor anyway. 

Debbie

Always sad when the innocent kids get caught in the middle.   Doesn't sound like "Mom" even wants the little girl, but is holding on just to spite everyone else and because she can.   I sometimes wonder about judges and what on earth they are thinking!   

Heidi, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I've been through the same type of situation with my own daughter 25 years ago and also with my stepdaughter. It is the absolute WORST thing to go through. My guess would be that a parent who causes troubles eventually is "found out" by the system and then the system will act. It would seem Madison's mother is eventually going to be in for a bit of medicine from the judge.

Just a thought. Teachers are mandatory reporters of child abuse and child endangerment. We ended up getting custody of my husband's daughter after her teacher reported a conversation my stepdaughter had with her (yes, we did encourage the child to talk to her teacher about what was going on!!). The teachers at the school already had some idea things weren't good with the home life at mom's house. Anyway, after the talk with the teacher, the teacher called CPS and that started the ball rolling in a way we hadn't had going for us before. Would Madison be old enough to handle talking to a teacher if she were in danger? Most kids don't know they should talk to someone of authority.

Oh Heidi my heart breaks for Madison. Hang in there and please let us know as soon as possible.  Many of us have been on here long enough that we feel like we know Madison and what all of you have been through.  Praying that God we see fit to intervene.

Archived