Comfort...aaah!

I've taken today and Monday off originally for some down time but now I'm doing my first real custom quilt.  It should be relatively easy, just SID all the squares (42) and then do a loopy heart pattern in the sashings.  Client doesn't want anything else and she wanted thread to match the sashings.  I'm going to freehand it and have been practicing on a charity quilt.

I'm finally figuring out the tension myself (DH did all that for me in the past).

But anyway, I finally decided to take the time and make a little needle holder and small scissor sheath to put on the head to make things a little easier.  And DH changed out the hot lights on the light bar.  Maybe I won't sweat as much now.  The lights don't generate heat now but the lighting is still good.  It took me way too long to figure that one out.

I may be getting ready to enter the zone and actually like what I'm doing.  I sure hope so. 

Joan

Teresa, I'm posting a photo of the kind of light because I'm dumb in those matters.  The bulbs aren't as bright but I believe that they are adequate.   Try one and see if you like it.  For me, it's worth not sweating.

The bulb is Ecosmart, 50 watt equivalent, 450 lumens brightness.  That's what it says on the package.  It also says daylight R20 Flood.

post-3214-0-19770600-1404428168_thumb.jpeg

Teresa:  I have installed LED lbulbs on my light bar.  They are short PAR 30's fitted to open gimbol fixtures.  They're rated at 850 or 900 lumens each.  I have 7 of them .  They replaced  75 w halogen PAR 30's with about the same lumen rating.  Much cooler than the halogens.  Great light.  The only short coming is they cost about $20 each.  They're supposed to last more than 25000 hours.  I'm quite happy with them.  Jim

We put some track lighting fixture in our bedroom/sewing room.  They came with the big spotlight bulbs.  I would get hot just laying out a quilt or folding clothes.  We replaced the bulbs with the coil flurescent ones.  I can now see well, direct them where I want, and don't sweat just sitting there.

I bought flat strip LED lights with a sticky back  and put them under the upper throat of George.  They are great for giving me a well lit area to work in. 

Since I don't do well with seeing in dim light (and dark) I even got some similar and put them along the baseboard of my stairs so I could see the bottom of the steps.  One swinging fall off the last step finally convinced hubby that I needed better lighting!  Both of my LED light strips have a remote for on/off and since it was the same price or close, I got the ones that can even change colors, purple is nice for the stairs since it isn't as harsh on the eyes in the dark.

Archived