First real quilt done on Freddie

After practicing on two muslin quilts I've finally taken a stab at quilting my first real quilt, a supersized nine patch baby quilt top (Anita Grossman Solomon's tutorial for Quiltmaker magazine). I used the pantograph Double Bubble by Patricia Ritter. Perhaps I made it too big so next time I'll close it up a bit. Also I'm thinking that I still need to loosen the top thread tension just a wee bit. It looked good but when I used a magnifying glass I saw a few bobbin dots. And there's a bit of puckering on the backing. Either I had the side clamps too tight or I didn't have the backing tight enough when I started stitching. All a learning curve.

Oops, and I forgot to mention that I rolled it up too much on one pass. My top circles got flattened because there wasn't enough room. Fixed that on the next pass. :-)

Quilted on a 2014 Freddie with an IntelliQuilter.

post-18162-0-00308100-1404931959_thumb.jpgpost-18162-0-58668600-1404931971_thumb.jpgpost-18162-0-80658100-1404932078_thumb.jpg

Your quilt is really sweet and the quilting design suits it so well, good job!  Now I have to tease you about something though....please stopping looking at your stitches with a MAGNIFYING GLASS!!!  You only need to use those for finding slivers in your fingers or trying to identify minerals in a rock!    :)

Thank you every one! LOL, okay I've adjusted the top thread tension a bit but have put away the magnifying glass.  ;)  As for the quality of the circles, that I can't take credit for since IntelliQuilter is a computerized system that stitched it out for me.

Here's a picture of my FMQ practice on the muslin quilt before setting up the IQ. My husband stitched out the mini third row with the dog and initials. For the dog he took a picture of one and set it on the quilt top and used the laser to follow along from the front. I'll need quite a bit of practice but I'm looking forward to learning more about using Freddie in the manual mode too.

post-18162-0-72235700-1405010984_thumb.jpg

Archived