I just did the funnest thing! (pics)

Bettie,

I only get to go when I can take off work, so I usually go when there is a really good speaker - they are pretty flexible at my job. I live in the Nashua area....just off 291 Hwy. I know where Randolph is - just south of Worlds of Fun, right?

I have the Hartley Fence workbook and am reading it and looking at pictures....Myrna??? Help me.

Since I saw my first Baptist Fans I thought how cool they are, so when I was working with Myrna to make the DVD and saw how easy she made it look I had to try it. You know how it always looks so easy when they do it on TV, well the way Myrna teaches it step by step it is so easy even I could do it. Myrna gives you so many very important little tips (Like "Wiping out the cookie dough") that it really works just like "As seen on TV".

Take a look at the pictures I posted again, and look at the close up. The one in the upper right corner of that quilt was the first Baptist Fan I ever did in my whole life. AAMOF That entire quilt was the very first thing I ever did using the Hartley Fence, and only the second quilt I ever did. No practice, No muslin sandwiches, Nothing. I hoped since it was a humanitarian quilt, whoever got it would be too happy to get it to be very critical so I just went for it. The HF and the DVD made it so fun I had a hard time letting the quilt go.

Call Myrna or APQS and order the Hartley Fence and Myrna's DVD and start having fun.

Scott

:D losing my fun job, where I got to use the money where I wanted. I now have to wait for the hadley fence. But where do I get the DVD? or the work book. I could start there. Mary Beth where do you work?

I was at Longarm Univ. site and saw the BF done with feathers. Really cool

Some people are really talanted. Me I just quilt all the old ladies quilt. Once in a while I get to do some special stuff. But seeing the HF I think I will try some tone on tone stiuff. Could use it for baby quilts??

Bettie,

You can get the Hartley Fence Workbook and DVD from Myrna Ficken - phone 435-635-7900 or 435-229-2703 or go to her web site www.aquilterschoice.com . She also sells all the products for the HF.

I work at the University of Missouri Extension office in the Clay County Annex building in Gladstone.

You are so on target with this topic, for me for sure. We (DH and I) picked up a Hartley Fence on Friday and I tried it out over the weekend, between company. I thought it was loads of fun and I love the quilt you made. I contacted Myrna to ask whether I should get the book or DVD. I am very visual, so am leaning towards the DVD. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Judy Z

Archived