Compuquilter files lost

sherryjack

I can not load my boundary or outline files when I am on the boundary or outline screen. I can create a new outline, but it will not Save. When I try the cq program shuts down. I can find the files through Windows Explorer so they are in there somewhere.  I have a Millie/CQ version 5.57.8. Since CQ closed it's doors I am hoping someone can help me. I tried downloading Version 5.57.8 again--but I still have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

This can be a tough problem if you have a corrupted file.  Did you make a recovery disk for your CQ computer? If so, then if all else fails you can restore your computer back to factory conditions. If you do not have a backup file for the computer, and reloading version 5.57.8 doesn't do it, then I am at a loss for any other remedy. If you do have a backup file, however, try restoring the computer using the recovery files.

Sherry, is this a boundary that you created for a quilt you were working on? I found I could never bring a boundary back in once I shut my CQ down. I always had to recreate it new. I could see the file through Windows but never find it using the CQ.

Thanks for the replies. Sue, I have been able to save boundaries I have created while working in the past. Usually. I always had basic boundary templates already in the file which I could load and edit. I am not able to access the file at all. The file contained both the original templates and the ones I had created and saved. When I click on " Load" or "Retrieve" CQ shuts down entirely. I have to start up again.The file is probably corrupt and re-installing CQ didn't fix it. I can still create new boundaries each time I need them, It was so much easier when I could load the templates and saved boundaries from the file. 

I don't have a recovery disk for the CQ software, only for Windows XP. I don't think that would fix the problem. I am sending my Millie in for a spa treatment in Sept. APQS may have some ideas. Maybe it's time to look at Quilt Path. 

Archived