How do you feel about Sunbonnet Sue?

So cute! :D

I saw one at a local shop at least 20 years ago called "Inappropriate SS" showing her smoking, drinking, dancing at a club, wearing fishnets, making out with Overall Sam, etc. It was hilarious! I think it was a feminists rebuttal of Sweet Sue!

We did an exchange on the Machine Quilting Professionals list several years ago called "Sunbonnet Sue Must Die."  I made the blocks where Sue is swallowed by the snake.  There were lightning strikes, hangings, fires, etc, sort of like this.  I don't think everyone ended up sending their blocks, but I have many of them.  Never got them made into a top.

ROFL, Zeke..

I like Sun Bonnet Sue.. I keep thinking of making one and don't want to machine applique, and can't hand applique any more.. soooo, the idea just sits in my head.

These in the quilt are quite funny.  If we can't laugh at something we like/love.. then umm 

Those would be great - very funny! If you can't have a laugh, then what do you have??

I have been doing a bunch of wool applique and really enjoying it. Saw a SS in wool - but they were too cute. I like these better! Might just have to add this twist, would be great to see her in the chair getting a tattoo!

Sorry I have been gone for a long while. Computer problems and life.... you know.

Great to see some familiar names and faces!! :D

Archived