Quilt Police

10525800_798970823467320_681144280941173

I was quite surprised to find out that the "quilt police" really do exist.  I posted a picture of a customer's quilt on my face book page and someone took the time to send me an e-mail telling me the snails trails were spinning the wrong way.  She stated that I need to disclose that if I were to sell the quilt.  Who knew.  It was a Buggy Barn pattern with the snails trails and stars.  My customer followed the directions to make a beautiful quilt. 

After reading this, I know I will have to be much more careful!!!     When I was first learning to piece quilts, I had a friend who followed the book exactly.  It used to make her extremely nervous when I would change something.    She now revises almost every pattern she makes.  Needless to say,she puts up with good natured ribbing from me.  

Love this forum - gives me chuckles and information.  What more can we ask.

Several of the Facebook groups I'm on definitely have a few who think they are the quilt police. My theory is if you can't say nothing nice or offer encouragement don't comment. Yes I have my snarky days, but I talk to myself and move on.

Shirley

Archived