Sharing our Oopsies

Dell, I couldn't find your oopsie for a while, but when I did I had a giggle!! Oh so sorry it's there a it's a beautiful quilt!!

The first quilt pictured, I'm still looking and don't see the mistake. It sure is a pretty design!

Earlier this year I completed a Bonnie Hunter quilt pattern (old tobacco road) and found so many mistakes, I think about 12 or so in a big king size quilt. I did fix every one that I found before it hit the frame. It's still being bound and I can only pray I dont find a mistake now.

Dell, I couldn't find your oopsie for a while, but when I did I had a giggle!! Oh so sorry it's there a it's a beautiful quilt!!

The first quilt pictured, I'm still looking and don't see the mistake. It sure is a pretty design!

Earlier this year I completed a Bonnie Hunter quilt pattern (old tobacco road) and found so many mistakes, I think about 12 or so in a big king size quilt. I did fix every one that I found before it hit the frame. It's still being bound and I can only pray I dont find a mistake now.

Now for the rest of the story. This quilt is made of Edna's mother's clothing. At Aunt Cil's service they played her favorite hymn, yes, 'I'll Fly Away". While piecing the quilt I had turned one of the blocks and I fixed it. Well someone must not have been happy and another was turned and so the quilt was named!  

So sorry! If it helps, it took me a long time to find. Squinting helped! :P

That quilt is beautiful in spite of the almost-invisible oopsie!

Thanks, Linda, for the tip on finding the oopsie, I thought I'd never find it but squinting helps! This is a beautiful quilt!

Anne I had seen a photo of a quilt similar to  this and played for ages to work out how to make it. EQ7 didn't help so I was back into graph paper to design it.

It is based on a  Jack's Chain but I have made mine with concentric coloured rings.

It is a hexagon for the centre, choose a  size that you can make nine patches easily from, then it alternates with diamond, 9 patches and triangles as you go around the centre hexagon.

Well, I really need to go to the eye doctor, I guess.  I tried squinting and everything and still can't find any oopsie in that quilt. 

I'm a puzzle person, so not finding the oopsie is probably going to keep me up all night.  Thanks a lot! 

It's a beautiful quilt, but seriously if I can't find the oopsie by 3 AM, I'm going to ask for a more specific hint.  :blink: 

Archived