This is my quilt and was hung in our show to lots of admiration.  I quilted the background first then , quilted the centre rings.  It wasn't until I was quilting the last quarter of a quilt and wondered why I had to stop and start so much that I found the error.

post-2934-0-19477800-1406952317_thumb.png

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

Here is a quilt that because of the oopsies was named "I'll Fly Away" Found it when loading the photos from camera to PC!

post-3467-0-79444800-1406998817_thumb.jpg

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Dell, I couldn't find your oopsie for a while, but when I did I had a giggle!! Oh so sorry it's there a it's a beautiful quilt!!

The first quilt pictured, I'm still looking and don't see the mistake. It sure is a pretty design!

Earlier this year I completed a Bonnie Hunter quilt pattern (old tobacco road) and found so many mistakes, I think about 12 or so in a big king size quilt. I did fix every one that I found before it hit the frame. It's still being bound and I can only pray I dont find a mistake now.

Dell, I couldn't find your oopsie for a while, but when I did I had a giggle!! Oh so sorry it's there a it's a beautiful quilt!!

The first quilt pictured, I'm still looking and don't see the mistake. It sure is a pretty design!

Earlier this year I completed a Bonnie Hunter quilt pattern (old tobacco road) and found so many mistakes, I think about 12 or so in a big king size quilt. I did fix every one that I found before it hit the frame. It's still being bound and I can only pray I dont find a mistake now.

Now for the rest of the story. This quilt is made of Edna's mother's clothing. At Aunt Cil's service they played her favorite hymn, yes, 'I'll Fly Away". While piecing the quilt I had turned one of the blocks and I fixed it. Well someone must not have been happy and another was turned and so the quilt was named!  

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

So sorry! If it helps, it took me a long time to find. Squinting helped! :P

That quilt is beautiful in spite of the almost-invisible oopsie!

Thanks, Linda, for the tip on finding the oopsie, I thought I'd never find it but squinting helps! This is a beautiful quilt!

Cathy Hamilton - M&M'ed 2008 Millennium - Part-time Quilter, Full-time Lover of Quilts

I did reply as to where the oopsie was but the reply has disappeared!!!!!!

If you look at the inner teal circles, the bottom left hand corner has been rotated 60 degrees :(

Since it is based of hexagons, easily done but not caught until after it was quilted!

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Anne I had seen a photo of a quilt similar to  this and played for ages to work out how to make it. EQ7 didn't help so I was back into graph paper to design it.

It is based on a  Jack's Chain but I have made mine with concentric coloured rings.

It is a hexagon for the centre, choose a  size that you can make nine patches easily from, then it alternates with diamond, 9 patches and triangles as you go around the centre hexagon.

Well, I really need to go to the eye doctor, I guess.  I tried squinting and everything and still can't find any oopsie in that quilt. 

I'm a puzzle person, so not finding the oopsie is probably going to keep me up all night.  Thanks a lot! 

It's a beautiful quilt, but seriously if I can't find the oopsie by 3 AM, I'm going to ask for a more specific hint.  :blink: 

Lora.

Lora in California -  Ultimate I with IntelliStitch and IntelliQuilter.  The Thimble Bee http://www.thimblebee.com