Uhhh. This one is finally done.

This is my mom's quilt. It is the second one she made exactly the same. I didn't like doing the first one and didn't look forward to doing the second one. A LOT of quilting. I am not a fan of Americana colors. It makes it hard to spend so much time on something when you don't like it. One of the reasons I don't quilt much for others.

Nicely done.  

I took a class from Karen Stone last year.  She said we should work with fabrics we love.  I've been trying to do that and it really helps with motivation.  Of course, that doesn't help when it's a customers quilt.  Unless.....could we turn down customer quilt tops because they are ugly?   :D  :D

It came out really nice.  It is hard to quilt one you don't like, but it helps to just do one block at a time and not dwell on how you don't like the color or pattern.  There is a huge difference between not exactly to my taste and butt ugly!  This s a very nice quilt...trust me.  I have experience with butt ugly!

I love red, white and blue quilts so this quilt is pretty to me and your quilting is great. Not only do you not like the colors, but you have done the same quilt before-- only for your Mom! I am sure she must appreciate you very much.

Archived