Colorado bound?

Husband may take the job in Colorado...weighing all pros & cons.

Of course I have already looked up the quilt shops-looking forward to going to them all!

Are there any secret fabric shops?  you know ... the kind the locals go to?

Moxie groups in the southern Denver area?

Allready in touch with a real estate agent....

Anything I may need to know???

Well I know Montana is beautiful but you would be in for a wonderful treat moving to Colorado.  There are many wonderful Quilt Shops in Denver and around the state and in our beautiful mountains.  There is so much to do here in the Mtns.  I love Sew-City in Castle Rock, Holly's Quilt Cabin in Centennial, Laughing Ladies in Berthoud is a must!  There are 2 wonderful quilt shops in Durango, and I could go on and on!  Quilt A Fair is held every Sept. at the Boulder County Fairgrounds is to die for, you don't want to miss it.  There are hundreds of us quilters who go.  Quilter's Stash in Windsor is another neat shop.  

Every other year there is a wonderful quilt show in Creede Colorado that is held in a restored miner's tunnel.  It is incredible and the area is beautiful.  So if you move, welcome to Colorado and hopefully you will travel the state.  You can also join the Colorado Quilt Council.  Well enough said, I could go on and on.  Can you tell I love Colorado!  Give me a call if you want more information.

Diana

MountainQuilter

Dave,

The Durango Quilt Co. is located at 21516 Hwy 160 W.  If you go towards Cortez it is on the left side, bright blue building about 1/2 to 1 mile past the busy intersection.  The other quilt shop I don't remember the name but is off highway 550 to the right past town.   Gayle is the owner and really great person.  Also there is a quilt shop in Cortez which is W. of Durango and it is called Cortez Quilt Co.  located at 40 W. Main St.  There used to be a quilt shop in Delores CO and I don't know if it has reopened or not.  My daughter lives in Durango West II so I hit all the shops when I go down.  Hopefully you can make it to Silverton and do the tourist thing.  SW Colorado is beautiful but in a terrible drought.  I live near Twin Lakes which is a beautiful area and we have had a ton of rain.  

Diana

I second the recommendation to go to The Laughing Ladies in Berthoud, CO. It's a great shop with a little of everything ... lots of solids and filler prints as well as a nice selection of books and patterns and Cosmo embroidery floss for all of the popular embroidered quilts. Then there's The Fig Leaf in Fort Collins .. large selection of solids, all collections are sorted by colors unless very new. They have a wonderful baby fabric selection and many minkee colors. My other go to shop when I was living in WY was Mama Said Sew in Fort Collins, CO. It's a small shop with mostly designer and modern fabric lines. They also carry some of the independent designer clothing patterns. Above them is the local Gammill dealer and rental center. What's nice is that they carry a large selection of Signature Cotton cones as well as King Tut. Not sure if they carry any longarm rulers or not but it's nice to know that there's a local source for longarm thread in a pinch. Not sure when you'll be in Colorado but August 15, 16? is the Rocky National Quilt Show in Loveland. They show ALL of the entries for the Hoffman challenge there so it's fantastic to see all the quilts at once.

Dave,

The Durango Quilt Co. is located at 21516 Hwy 160 W.  If you go towards Cortez it is on the left side, bright blue building about 1/2 to 1 mile past the busy intersection.  The other quilt shop I don't remember the name but is off highway 550 to the right past town.   Gayle is the owner and really great person.  Also there is a quilt shop in Cortez which is W. of Durango and it is called Cortez Quilt Co.  located at 40 W. Main St.  There used to be a quilt shop in Delores CO and I don't know if it has reopened or not.  My daughter lives in Durango West II so I hit all the shops when I go down.  Hopefully you can make it to Silverton and do the tourist thing.  SW Colorado is beautiful but in a terrible drought.  I live near Twin Lakes which is a beautiful area and we have had a ton of rain.  

Diana

Thanks! I am certain we will be doing lots of touristy things... We will be on a 2 month long trip in our Airstream trailer with 33 other Airstreams, touring Arizona, Colorado, Utah and New Mexico. I am hoping to collect fabrics from which to (eventually) make a memory quilt for the trip.

Archived